GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Enlighten me: CPO 2013 GTI For $19,999 a good deal?

Hi everyone!

What do you think about this deal for a CPO 2013 GTI DSG for $19,999.

I live in Hawaii where there is very little supply so dealers charge near MSRP for a new one. I see that the KBB fair price is $19,800 which seems a little high. I'd love to hear your thoughts since I've never owned a VW but have been researching them quite a bit lately.

EDIT: Looks like someone purchased the car.

Last edited:

dAT_Sloth

Ready to race!
Yeah seems high. Negotiate, them down into the 18s

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Hm your location does change things, but considering 2 dr manual s model Mk7 GTIs can be had for ~21/22K brand new, thats just not a great price

Hm your location does change things, but considering 2 dr manual s model Mk7 GTIs can be had for ~21/22K brand new, thats just not a great price

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Craigslist should yield better deals but I was attracted to that 2 yr warranty. Thanks for your sharing your thoughts.

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
Low mileage but its also the base model. It doesnt even have steering wheel controls. I think I'd pass at that price

Low mileage but its also the base model. It doesnt even have steering wheel controls. I think I'd pass at that price

Yeah, I noticed that when I test drove it. A very basic experience compared to the videos I see of the new GTIs that can park themselves, have navigation with CarPlay, change driving modes on the touchscreen, etc.

Would you be concerned about the carbon buildup issue or is the mileage low enough to not worry? I know the dealer here charges $1000 for the cleaning.

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
The carbon build up is not really an issue until you get to 40-50k miles. Even then unless you are going to tune the car it isn't much of an issue. My car only started cold start misfiring (a common sign that it is time for a carbon cleaning) a few days after I got tuned at 45,500 miles. It was a non issue on the stock tune and only became apparent after I tuned my car so yeah. Stock tune should get you to at least 75,000 miles or more depending on your driving habits. With a tune if your car hasn't been driven hard 40-50k. My car was owned by a girl before I got it at 40k miles so it probably never saw red line ever in it's life which would explain why mine would have a lot of carbon build up to cause issues at stage 1+.

The carbon build up is not really an issue until you get to 40-50k miles. Even then unless you are going to tune the car it isn't much of an issue. My car only started cold start misfiring (a common sign that it is time for a carbon cleaning) a few days after I got tuned at 45,500 miles. It was a non issue on the stock tune and only became apparent after I tuned my car so yeah. Stock tune should get you to at least 75,000 miles or more depending on your driving habits. With a tune if your car hasn't been driven hard 40-50k. My car was owned by a girl before I got it at 40k miles so it probably never saw red line ever in it's life which would explain why mine would have a lot of carbon build up to cause issues at stage 1+.

Thanks! That is really useful knowledge.

zrickety

The Fixer
My car has 120k and never carbon cleaned. No misfires. I drive it hard and I'm tuned...

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
I (in May) paid about $18k for my 2013 GTI Driver's Edition with 66K miles. But it was $18k out the door (registration, taxes, fees, etc).

I still think I paid a little much for a high mileage car, but sometimes, in order to get the car you want, you pay a little extra and in the long run it's worth it.

I (in May) paid about $18k for my 2013 GTI Driver's Edition with 66K miles. But it was $18k out the door (registration, taxes, fees, etc).

I still think I paid a little much for a high mileage car, but sometimes, in order to get the car you want, you pay a little extra and in the long run it's worth it.

Did the car already have the 4 yr/40k mile service w/DSG fluid change? That service is over $1,000 at the dealer here which I don't look forward to if I buy a 2013. Was it a CPO with the 2 yr warranty?

Thanks for sharing your purchase and thoughts.

You can get a new 2016 like 21k...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the mainland no doubt. In Hawaii, there are only two dealers and after much negotiation they won't go below $25,900 for a base 2016 DSG. They don't get many in every year. I did see someone from Hawaii on VWVortex that got a base model in Hawaii for $24,500ish but he was a repeat customer and had a family and friends certificate.