GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BringerOdeath's "Better late than never build log"

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
Sooooooo, after much prodding from some forum members, (some who live near me), I have decided to start a very late in the game build log.

What I have done since I bought my car in 2012......

COSMETIC/ELECTRONIC MODS:

Ed's headlights, version 2 with 15 LED's (Black)(sold, no longer on car)

I installed these at the same time I installed the FMIC, and the install was pretty easy with the bumper off as many DIY's here show.

Ed's Golf R side skirts with OEM golf R skirt mounting rails(The non oem ones weren't rigid enough, but the skirts look and feel exactly like the OEM ones.

Color matched bumper insert

OEM bumper lip

Black and red badges and emblems

OEM Dark cherry LED tails(soon with sequential turn signals)

Sequential mirror housings with puddle lights, smoked with DEuatokey LED modules.( work great, but have always had a ground error code in vcds, may have to ground them differently.)

OEM Door warning lights

OEM style pop up reverse camera

Auto light switch(currently not wired for auto or Rear fog, work in progress)

Rain/light sensor and auto dimming mirror

Rear footwell lights

OSRAM Xenarc Headlights, black edition

Gloss black rear Rieger Difuser

Folding mirrors with puddle lights/mirror dip in reverse

Future Cosmetic mods:

Park assist/ 35th edition bumper

Porsche Cayenne exhaust tips(If we can figure out how to get them to fit well)

Sequential LED's installed in LED tails

PERFORMANCE MODS:

Godspeed V2 FMIC, (which I got for free)

This was the first thing I installed on the car when a buddy gave sent it to me from California as a gift. The install was pretty straight forward, but it took me 5 fours since I was learning at the same time. Could probably do it in 3 now or fewer.

K04 turbo with GIAC tune

Spulen Charge pipe

Awe S3 style Turbo outlet pipe

Audi R8 red coilpacks

Volant air intake

GFB DV+

Integrated engineering PCV/Africa plate, spulen SN10 hoses, No name aluminum catch can.

Audi TTS-TTRS Brake Master Cylinder

Spulen short shift/side to side/ Torque solutions shift bushings and shift mount bushings.

M-factory LSD
Thread: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111725

RSR style clutch

Clutchmasters Hydraulic TOB with braided clutch lines.

Koni coilovers

Hotchkis Front and rear 27mm sway bars

Spulen adjustable front end links

42DD Downpipe with HF CAT

TTRS front calipers, 370mm OEM TTRS rotors/red stuff pads.

Dual caliper Rear 4-piston Cayenne/Touareg setup with Mk7 PP rear caliper as E-brake

R32 braided brake lines

TSW Donington Black wheels 18x8

lug conversion with race nuts

034 subframe collar kit

Tyrolsport rear subframe collar kit

034 aspherical dog bone mount

Vibratech subframe bushing

Passat aluminum spindles and Alum Audi TT control arms with super pro bushings

FUTURE MODS:

Sequential LED's installed in LED tails

AWD conversion? ;)

Whatever I think up next. It never ends.

If anyone has any questions about any of the installs on the parts in my build, just ask as we did them ourselves. I am going to start logging anything I do or mod, any problems/issues, on this thread....

If you need a tech that can install any of these mods in middle TN, at a much more reasonable Price(He installed the LSD and clutch with my help), PM me and I can give you his contact info.

:word::attention_whore:

Last edited:

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
Awesome man, it's never too late. Good mod list here and you got the right idea with the future stuff.

Thanks man! I really should have done this from the start and posted all the pics of everything I was installing.... I have installed so many things that I forgot to list my GFB Dv+

Still finishing my R/L sensor install on the fusebox side. My windshield got cracked a couple of weeks ago, so I got it replaced with one with the mount already on it so I could finally install the kit I have had sitting in a box for 2 years. It sucked that it got craked, but it gave me the opportunity to install that a little easier.

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
After my windshield got cracked, I decided to install the R/L sensor and dimming mirror I had sitting in a box for 2 years.... I went to safelite and they gave me a choice of the windshield with the sensor bracket on OEM manufacturer Fuyao. Never heard of them, but I looked them up and they are an official supplier to quite a few manufacturers.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/149937282@N05/sets/72157684294936000/show

It was a bit of a pain in the butt to wire the splices into the CECM and install 2 new fuses spots in the fuse box. I was able to get the whole thing done for$80 in parts(besides windshield of course).

Last edited:

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
Picked up Audi TTRS Calipers and Rotors:

Also picked up some audi TT control arms to mount on to my Passat front spindles:

Had to make my own crossover tubes as I could not find any sold separately that would fit. We are going to powdercoat them this week ourselves, So I should have pics on how that goes.... ;)

Last edited:

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
Picked up some TT seats for a VERY good price

Now I have to figure out how to wire it in.....

Last edited:

Jarred767

Ready to race!
Looks like you've put a ton of time and energy into your build so far! Everything looks awesome, I'm very interested to see what the seats look like once you've got them installed. Sounds like it's a never ending process (not necessarily a bad thing); looking forward to watching future posts!

I love the bumper lip with the color matched insert BTW, looks great! :thumbsup:

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
Looks like you've put a ton of time and energy into your build so far! Everything looks awesome, I'm very interested to see what the seats look like once you've got them installed. Sounds like it's a never ending process (not necessarily a bad thing); looking forward to watching future posts!

I love the bumper lip with the color matched insert BTW, looks great! :thumbsup:

My car IS the never ending story. I keep thinking of things to install or modify. I try to keep things oem+. Vw and Audi parts.

Now I just have to figure out how to wire the seats. Got some vw harnesses to convert the Audi seats to work with my car

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
We installed the passat spindles, TT control arms/Ball joints, Super pro lower control arm bushing, and TTRS calipers/370mm rotors:

I had a large amount of poke in the rear with my 42 offset wheels.....

I had to have my alignment guy add camber in the rear but I am still rubbing over bigger bumps and dips ao I am probably going to have to rais the car 1/4 to 1/2 inch all around or switch to a wheel with a 45 offset or higher that will clear my TTRS caliper and rotors... By the way, the rears could do -4 camber in the rear stock with these wheels, we left it at -3.5

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
Installed a dual caliper setup, here is the imgur post
Gti dual caliper rear brakes

Last edited:

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Any issues with your valve springs and the K04?

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
Any issues with your valve springs and the K04?

No, but I know you can have flutter at high RPMs. Are you having that issue? I know you can order upgraded springs and valves from a few different companies, like integrated engineering.