GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Isle of Man TT claims another rider

zee

Go Kart Champion
The passion these riders have for such a dangerous road racing event is insane...but mesmerizing to me as a fellow rider. He is the 21st deceased since 2000

RIP Yoshinari Matsushita

enlarge
ACU Events Ltd regrets to announce that Japanese rider Yoshinari Matsushita, 43, was killed during the qualifying session at the 2013 Isle of Man TT Races in an incident at Ballacrye in the North of the Island. The session was immediately red flagged following the accident.

Yoshinari, from Saitama in Japan was an experienced racer who first competed at the TT Races in 2009. As well as competing regularly in the Superstock and Superbike classes he also finished 5th in the 2011 TT Zero for electric bikes. He was also 2008 Motegi Endurance race winner.
The ACU wishes to pass on their deepest sympathy to Yoshinari’s family and friends.

Gary Thompson, MBE, Clerk of the Course, ACU, commented:
“Yoshi was a really popular competitor who had a large number of friends in the TT Races paddock. He was a genuine and friendly character who always had time for everyone. He will be sorely missed.”
The Coroner of Inquests has been informed and an investigation into the circumstances of the accident is underway.

Bandit1

Ready to race!
Very sad.

BTW, Velocity (a Discovery channel) will be covering this year's TT starting on Sunday in the U.S.

zee

Go Kart Champion
I was supposed to be at the IOM this year as a spectator, I will be there next year!

That will be an awesome experience.

Who is your favorite rider? I've been a fan of Guy Martin since 2005 but he has yet to deliver.

I'm itching to jump on the Michael Dunlop bandwagon as I feel he might be to person to topple the unstoppable John McGuinness.

FLtrooper

Go Kart Champion
Martin is a crowd pleaser and I would like to see him live up to the hype but I'm also on the Dunlop and Brookes bandwagon even though I would prefer a Kawasaki to get the "W".

Never count out the old Mcguinness as he always brings heat on race day!

I had most of the trip planned but my wife decided a career change was a good idea which basically messed up out plans because she can't request the time off yet!

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
Horrible :( RIP