GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk6 Wheel/Fitment Info Thread!

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
lol @ all the haters
wheels are wheels. everyone has a different taste. just cause you dont like it doesnt mean you need to make fun of it...

spiker369

on air, don't care
They are better than my stock 15" steelies, and I'm pretty happy with them. Just like your happy with cross branding and rolling on wheels from another car. Its okay to wear Adidas shorts with Nike shoes. What's next a M3 sticker for your VW lol

I was just contributing to the thread with my specs! Nice to meet you btw...

:dnftt:

That's never okay.
But on a serious note, I'll have to start reading through this thread to get my wheel knowledge on, I hope to have new wheels within the year. :D

AXO

Go Kart Champion
lol @ all the haters
wheels are wheels. everyone has a different taste. just cause you dont like it doesnt mean you need to make fun of it...

:word::clap:

To each their own..... They look a hundred percent better then stock steelies... Some people just think out loud :)

samrudin1

looking at getting 18x8.5 front and rear.
ST coilovers.
Would I be better off with 35 or 45 et? Rubbing issues scare the shit out of me

Would like to avoid rolling if possible

Thanks

kelvillain

Ready to race!
ST coilovers.

Thanks

I would get 45 for the front 35 for the rear. I have 8.5 35 et in the front and with 215's they rub with my heavily rolled fenders.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 4 Beta

VMRWheels

Go Kart Champion
ST coilovers.

Thanks

The ET45 would be a safe bet to avoid rubbing issues.

ST coilovers.

Thanks

You will not rub if you go with 18x8.5 et 35 all around, fender screw mod in the front is all that is necessary, even for the lowest height. Unless you modify the coilovers, and I suggest getting v12 evo's. that's the set up I have, and I'm all the way down. St's go to 24 ftg max with 18s. And 23.10 with 17s

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
ok, so my stock wheels are 18x7.5 et 51.
wheels i have are 19x8 et 32..

so this means that the wheel will be 19mm's out towards the fender? so basically the wheel will sit .75 of an inch out from where it is now?

do i take into consideration the extra .5 inch width in wheel as well? that would be another 12mm??
sorry but im new to all this.. :facepalm:

CW12

Ready to race!

so this means that the wheel will be 19mm's out towards the fender? so basically the wheel will sit .75 of an inch out from where it is now?

do i take into consideration the extra .5 inch width in wheel as well? that would be another 12mm??

You are going 19mm + 5-6mm more due to splitting the 1/2" difference. I am running 20mm spacers on stockers and they are extremely flush. Those are going to be hella flush.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion

They will poke an extra 25mm from your stock wheels. You could tuck wheel up front with a baby roll.

rdoyle317

Passed Driver's Ed
ST coilovers.

Thanks

With 18x8 et35 I only rub on the passenger side front, and its only when driving on uneven dips/waves in the road and the freeway is pretty rough. I need to do the fender screw mod though too. I would run 45 if rubbing is your primary concern. This is my 5th car, so I'm used to rubs here and there and I often overlook them.