GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI and baby

XZT123

Ready to race!
I have a 4-dr Autobahn (with leather) and a 4-month old. I'll try to take some pictures for you of the car seat etc.

My initial impressions are:

The car seat fits fine and should definitely be workable. It would be better behind the 5'9" person's chair. I'm the same height and the seat is behind my seat. Sometimes the release latch is a little hard to press because it touches the back of my seat. Someone 6'+ may have a harder time if they put their seat back further.. The middle position is better for the car seat, but I like the ability of folding down the split seats and also having people ride in my car with more room without having to remove the seat. I might still move it..

The stroller would be harder to fit. There are different types of strollers, but mine is pretty big. There is a type of stroller, I forget what it is called which is a smaller portable type that is only for a car seat to snap into. I'm not sure if that is any better. If you were thinking about taking a car trip with the 3 of you + luggage and baby supplies, I think you might need a bigger car or a luggage carrier on top.

XZT123

Ready to race!
here is a picture of the car seat and the stroller in the back. It will fit but not room for luggage.

Attachments

• baby2.jpg
    baby2.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 4,844
  • baby1.jpg
    baby1.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 1,340

wohv

Ready to race!
Wow, your husband is only six inches tall? The car should be plenty spacious ;)

And she's the tallest women in the world! Aside from that, congrats! I cannot help you out with the carseat dilemma but great choice! I let my sister drive my GTI around a few times and she is always amazed by power, especially since the torque kicks in at such a low rpm.

MerlinsBeard

Thank you everyone very much for your valuable inputs!
1. Now I am less concerned about the size of our carseat or our medium statues. :)

2 I think I should do more research on my stroller options. After some of your comments, I did look into the wagon. I have to be honest. It was really tempting. But it's not Golf! I hope my hubby's Jeep Wrangler will accommodate bigger needs when such time arises.

3. I'm glad I can drive in leather seats. I do not have a leather fetish. I just don't like how the fabric feels. lol It looks like I have to pay a lot more money and get a lot more options than I actually need. With that in mind, I might look into Mercedes or BMW...but again, they're not Golf...

4. MK7 is out of the picture now, but it's okay. MK6 is still a GREAT model. I think MK6 has a cuter butt than MK7. (No offense)

Thank you everyone for helping me out. I will definitely get a white one and keep it clean and fresh at all times. Thank you! Happy Golfing!

Bender1

Banned
2 I think I should do more research on my stroller options. After some of your comments, I did look into the wagon. I have to be honest. It was really tempting. But it's not Golf!

FYI - Though its CALLED a Jetta Sportwagen, its really a Golf Sportwagen. Thats what it is called in the rest of the world and that is also Golf architecture underneath (rather than Jetta). I don't think that will change your opinion, but thought I should let you know!

Congrats on everything new and exciting in your life!

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
i have that car seat. 2 of them in fact. they fit KILLER in a GTI. i have a pic somewhere.

I would recommend to buy the Recarro Babyzen stroler, you can easily fit in the trunk, not only that but you can also use the recarro car seats for baby on the stroler, perfect 3 in 1.. And less than 10kg. I did a lot of research, Stokke is very popular and good looking but you can only using it till 18month. Maxy Cosy id good but takes a lot if space.

Buy your GTI, it's fine as long as you don't lower it..

XZT123

Ready to race!
Buy your GTI, it's fine as long as you don't lower it..

Mine is lowered with no problems, why would that matter in this discussion?

forwardlean

Go Kart Champion
Lowered on HPA SHS...two kids (now 5 and 2). Two seats in the back...head bolsters. Diono Radian RXT. Its the best seat from small to big.

Works like a charm. I'd advise against a huge stroller. We used the Uppababy, which is nice, but has big wheels. Babyjoggers are good.

giftzwerg

Mom with a 2 year old and a 2 door GTI

2 year old stuffed in the back of a GTI here (still rear facing to boot) with no problem. I did however go to the baby big-box store and TEST fit a whole bunch of the seats to make sure of the fit. I and hubby are both on the tall side (I'm 5'10" and he's over 6').
We went with an EvenFlo convertible (skipped the picnic basket style). As for the stroller, I found two that fit and actually leave room on the floor of the trunk (meaning you don't have to pile everything on top of the stroller when it's folded up). The Inglesina Zippy (now called the Avio) and the Quinny Zapp...both of which will are compatible with the infant seat you were looking at.

XZT123

Ready to race!
Yeah, it could be a good idea for me to look for a stroller that folds up a lot better. Ours doesn't fold that small at all