GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

///Audience

Ready to race!
Your sub likely has a dual 2 ohm voice coil. This means it will be impossible to wire it (or switch it in your case) to a final 2ohm load unless your able to circumvent the switch and run only one coil. That switch changes how the coils are wired together. A parallel configuration leaves you with a final 1ohm load while a series config gets you to 4.

If possible, I would exchange your sub for one that's a dual 4ohm or single 2. If you don't want to go that route, run it at 4ohm and enjoy the lower THD and decreased heat. Albeit, at a lower output level.

WAP

Go Kart Champion
I'm embarrassed to ask, but how do you take someone's quote and make it your sig? I'm clearly too stupid to figure it out. Me = fail. :(

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I'm embarrassed to ask, but how do you take someone's quote and make it your sig? I'm clearly too stupid to figure it out. Me = fail. :(

Son.... I am disappoint.

WAP

Go Kart Champion

fredf

Go Kart Champion
Wrenching lug nuts:
Just bought a 1/2" torque wrench to do my wheels. But the OEM lug nut 'key' is 3/8". Should I get a 1/2 to 3/8 adapter or should I be using a 3/8" torque wrench.

I always thought one needed the 1/2" wrench for wheels and yet it's too big to fit the VW nut without an adapter.

Last edited:

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
quick and stupid question on OEM led tail lights. oem are made in Germany and reps are china. correct? I came up on some tail lights thinking theyre reps but got home and noticed they're made in Germany. I'm thinking obviously but want to make sure. thanks