GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

When is the next APR sale?

ericlolley

Passed Driver's Ed
just got APR stage 2 flashed yesterday. The dealer had no idea about any upcoming sales and they did charge me an extra $200 for not having a APR downpipe.

NLeo

Ready to race!
just got APR stage 2 flashed yesterday. The dealer had no idea about any upcoming sales and they did charge me an extra $200 for not having a APR downpipe.

What kind of downpipe do you have? They should not charge you extra for not having an apr downpipe. Sounds like a shady place if you ask me, whats the name of the shop?

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
What kind of downpipe do you have? They should not charge you extra for not having an apr downpipe. Sounds like a shady place if you ask me, whats the name of the shop?

That's the new policy from APR.

If you don't buy their downpipe you have to pay to upgrade. If you buy their downpipe then the upgrade to stage 2 is free.

NLeo

Ready to race!
That's the new policy from APR.

If you don't buy their downpipe you have to pay to upgrade. If you buy their downpipe then the upgrade to stage 2 is free.

wow thats bullshit. I just had to pay 30 bucks for labor to get my flash 5 years ago and i have a 42dd downpipe. This is something to keep in mind for the future if i ever tune another vw prob wont go apr because of this.

KMK702

Passed Driver's Ed
For some reason I doubt APR mobile is ever coming for Android. I was excited when they said they submitted it to the store it normally takes only a few hours to show up. It's about a month later and still nothing.

No port flash for Uni and no sales for APR anymore make it though being a VW owner for tuning.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
I really like my Revo tune. Honestly, for stage 1 and stage 2 I think Revo is hands down the best software. Cheap, fast, safe.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion

Did you have stage 1 or did you go straight to stage 2? That's crazy they charged you $200 more just for stage 2 if you weren't tuned already. Also, if you look on their website stage 2 is $150 more, not $200, but maybe the extra $50 was for labor.

That's too bad, it was a pretty good deal with the sale.

Last edited:

derilict

Passed Driver's Ed
After reading up on APR's new policy, I said 'screw it', and drove 2 hours up to Revo HQ at Summit Point (APR dealer is 5 min away). Good folks, awesome tune, and they don't have any goofy hardware policies like APR. After talking to the Revo Sales Mgr., apparently the "new management" at APR is more concerned with profits and bottom lines than it is with supporting the tuning community. But, that's just my takeaway from the convo and my $.02, not internet VW gospel.

Revo Stage II and couldn't be happier. And they knocked off 15% because it was dyno day/open house weekend :)