GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FrankenTurbo F23T Review and build thread.

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
I did see them. I never emailed them though. Their websitr was not appealing to me :lol: circa 1997. Prices are good... Real good, however I felt like they might be some mass produced Chinese things. Im just after something quality. I'd hate to melt it or blow it off going down the highway. Next thing you know it gets between a pulley AMD throws that good ol' serpentine belt off. Honestly, I would be fine with one of those, but when I saw the belt location, I kinda wanted to take extra precaution on that.

2.25" is extremely snug when going onto the neuspeed. Going onto the turbo, its just loose. Completely loose. 2" is honestly a bit loose for it. With the divet in the adapter on the turbo, even more play is created. And finding a decent t-bolt clamp that'll go from 2" to that diameter isn't happening. So unfortunately we're stuck with a worm gear. 1 7/8 would probably be perfect for the compressor side.... (Can't get my caliper on it while on the turbo to get exact measurements) However its nonexistent. 2" x 2.25" would be ideal, but not perfect.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Hmmm, so you haven't managed to find any siliconespecially at 1 7/8s?

rauch

Ready to race!

Hm. My question would be the range on the tbolts. (Trying to keep it in that groove on the compressor outlet with adequate tightness might be questionable. The range on these guys is very small.

I might pull off the adapter this weekend to get real measurements. Trying to find metric hoses may be easier. I haven't looked too hard yet, though. Just a few big, reputable companies. Works been busy and I've gotten sidetracked fixing other things.

I'm going to call up a plumbing supply house tomorrow that I work with a lot. Maybe buy a tubing Bender and make life easier haha. Gives me a reason to learn to weld. Ha. But seriously, maybe they can come up with something hose wise or know of a good place to look.

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
Hm. My question would be the range on the tbolts. (Trying to keep it in that groove on the compressor outlet with adequate tightness might be questionable. The range on these guys is very small.

I might pull off the adapter this weekend to get real measurements. Trying to find metric hoses may be easier. I haven't looked too hard yet, though. Just a few big, reputable companies. Works been busy and I've gotten sidetracked fixing other things.

I'm going to call up a plumbing supply house tomorrow that I work with a lot. Maybe buy a tubing Bender and make life easier haha. Gives me a reason to learn to weld. Ha. But seriously, maybe they can come up with something hose wise or know of a good place to look.

Get a good one made and I'll buy it

Gray6

Ready to race!
Where can I find the Eurodyne base files? Do they have to send them to me? They are obviously not coming up when I check for available files.

rauch

Ready to race!
Where can I find the Eurodyne base files? Do they have to send them to me? They are obviously not coming up when I check for available files.

Email Chris and he'll and you them. To save you time, add your ecu part number in the email.

Gray6

Ready to race!
Email Chris and he'll and you them. To save you time, add your ecu part number in the email.

What's his email?

Sent an email to Eurodyne support yesterday, no answer yet...

Last edited:

doug@frankenturbo

Turbos Galore
...finding a decent t-bolt clamp that'll go from 2" to that diameter isn't happening. So unfortunately we're stuck with a worm gear. 1 7/8 would probably be perfect for the compressor side.... (Can't get my caliper on it while on the turbo to get exact measurements) However its nonexistent. 2" x 2.25" would be ideal, but not perfect.

Here's what we'll have shortly: 51mm on the turbo end, 57mm on the TOP end. I'd love to do a wide-radius bend at the elbow, but as you said, the room is too tight.

rauch

Ready to race!

Here's what we'll have shortly: 51mm on the turbo end, 57mm on the TOP end. I'd love to do a wide-radius bend at the elbow, but as you said, the room is too tight.

Doug, you're stealing my thunder here. :D But hey, those dimensions are perfect. Have an ETA and price figure lined up?

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
Doug, you're stealing my thunder here. :D But hey, those dimensions are perfect. Have an ETA and price figure lined up?

In for more info!

What about just a short piece of silicone with an actual hard pipe that would get rid of the whole sharp elbow as well as the top too?

doug@frankenturbo

Turbos Galore
In for more info!

What about just a short piece of silicone with an actual hard pipe that would get rid of the whole sharp elbow as well as the top too?

That's a tantalizing thought. It'd be better to have the air bend through a metal elbow than more restrictive silicone. And of course the turbo already has a v-band fitting at the outlet.

Interesting stuff.

jshay

Go Kart Champion
What if we just paid for a hose that replaces that silicone hose + TOP? That pancake thing looks restrictive as hell.

But free is awesome too.