GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GIAC k04 dyno re-do

Stanielz

Ready to race!
and why would u go and spend 7000K when a GIAC K04 get u almost the same results

I agree, but some people make a lot of money and like spending a lot money, idk :bonk:

ZGTI

Banned
So where's this dyno located? Can I get a pic of the whole dynograph?

it's on the corner of if you don't know and get a MAP

Stanielz

Ready to race!
So where's this dyno located? Can I get a pic of the whole dynograph?

I struggled taking that pic with my camera, I don't have a scanner >_<. Tomorrow i'm gonna call and get the actual run files that go all the way back to stage 2 emailed to me. And i can screenshot them with the dynojet app. (I just found out I can do this like 5 minutes ago from a guy on vortex).

I'm also gonna call tomorrow and ask if the shop doesn't mind potentially getting called/questioned (his shop is very busy) about my car because I posted his name/shop on a forum.

Shop is extremely well respected and people drive from Pensacola, Fort Walton Beach, Panama City, Tallahassee, and surrounding areas to go there.

Stanielz

Ready to race!
Yo TSIpower i think this guy vw4evan is EVAN@APR just pulling your leg ;) .. he did another stupid comment is the BT thread !

wow, just lost all respect. I will ignore his comments now.

vw4evan

Passed Driver's Ed
wow, just lost all respect. I will ignore his comments now.

The problem with situations like this is I would like to post as me... and not necessarily as a representative of a company.

I respect your post, but am also genuinely seeking more information. If you're making that kind of power on a K04 kit with a competitor's sw/hw.. that's awesome. My struggle is that I just want more information. Please don't think I'm trying to mislead anybody by posting under this alias, because as you can see, I'm openly admitting that I'm one in the same person... in search of info.

Again, I appreciate you taking the time to post more detailed photos or more information about the facility. I'd be interested in taking my own car there to see what numbers it would put down.

Best,

e

Stanielz

Ready to race!
The problem with situations like this is I would like to post as me... and not necessarily as a representative of a company.

I respect your post, but am also genuinely seeking more information. If you're making that kind of power on a K04 kit with a competitor's sw/hw.. that's awesome. My struggle is that I just want more information. Please don't think I'm trying to mislead anybody by posting under this alias, because as you can see, I'm openly admitting that I'm one in the same person... in search of info.

Again, I appreciate you taking the time to post more detailed photos or more information about the facility. I'd be interested in taking my own car there to see what numbers it would put down.

Best,

e

For the record:

I made advertised power on your APR k04 file at this dyno shop.
and have graphs for that too.

Also all of my VW buddies have made advertised, or near advertised power on Stage 1/Stage 2 FSI's/TSI's (local VW club had a dyno day there)

Because of this, i'm CONFIDENT, my numbers are accurate.

Stevec717

Ready to race!
Just to chime in here - I read through this thread and there are SO MANY variables in play here - and not just mods.....boost leaks, misfires, CEL's, limp modes....how the h*ll can you compare anything!

I'd like some info too. If you can take this car (hopefully running well) and do back to back dyno runs with 2 different filter/intake setups - THAT should yield a meaningful comparison. I'd like to see that difference myself.

Steve

Stanielz

Ready to race!
Just to chime in here - I read through this thread and there are SO MANY variables in play here - and not just mods.....boost leaks, misfires, CEL's, limp modes....how the h*ll can you compare anything!

I'd like some info too. If you can take this car (hopefully running well) and do back to back dyno runs with 2 different filter/intake setups - THAT should yield a meaningful comparison. I'd like to see that difference myself.

Steve

I think your confusing mine and pandas car. What happened with my car pretty clear and logged.

shaunraney

That guy.
I've been following this on Vortex as well.

Was something done to your wastegate? I remember someone stating you did tamper with it during your AWE k04 install.

No accusations, just asking.

Stanielz

Ready to race!
I've been following this on Vortex as well.

Was something done to your wastegate? I remember someone stating you did tamper with it during your AWE k04 install.

No accusations, just asking.

My k04 kit was one of the first and had a misadjusted wastegate from the factory. It was causing an over boost condition and limp mode, it has been fixed since.