GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bubble in tire....

Aseras

Ready to race!
If you want vw to cover it, you'll have to sue them ( small claims ). That's how i got my tire paid for, stingy bastards. a tire that blows a sidewall ( on the highway at speed ) with less than 600 miles is defective.

v8282w

Ready to race!
I have had 18" on my cars for the last ten years and this has never happen to me. I have hit a LOT of potholes too. So many that I pretty much have to buy new rims every couple of years because of cracks and bends. This really can't be the norm for 18"s, is it? No bubbles on the mk6 yet and I have hit three good potholes so far. I have the dunlops.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
If bought through Tire Rack, I'd call em ASAP - they replaced tires for me before, Conti was the brand. They were new enough and they covered it.

cino

i just discovered i have two nickel sized bubbles on the tire on the rear driver side. tires have about 9k miles on them and i also live in nyc. the potholes this winter were horrendous!

do none of you guys have pirelli tires on your 18" detroits?

McQueen77

Banned
I have had 18" on my cars for the last ten years and this has never happen to me. I have hit a LOT of potholes too. So many that I pretty much have to buy new rims every couple of years because of cracks and bends. This really can't be the norm for 18"s, is it? No bubbles on the mk6 yet and I have hit three good potholes so far. I have the dunlops.

+1. I see these type of posts a lot and all I can think is that you guys are hitting potholes at high speeds. I take it real easy on pothole infested and rough roads and so far, so good..

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
sue the goverment!:happyanim:
I also hit few days ago a pathole, I hope everything is with mine...:mad0259:

BTW that may not be as crazy as it sounds.....I know you can file claims with local city government if you hit a pot hole and got some kind of damage....

Sango11

Passed Driver's Ed
+1. I see these type of posts a lot and all I can think is that you guys are hitting potholes at high speeds. I take it real easy on pothole infested and rough roads and so far, so good..

yea i am pretty careful also but nyc roads are horriable and was driven home from a late night guess i left my guard down at the wrong time.

i just discovered i have two nickel sized bubbles on the tire on the rear driver side. tires have about 9k miles on them and i also live in nyc. the potholes this winter were horrendous!

do none of you guys have pirelli tires on your 18" detroits?

driven isn't even fun in are area anymore always gotta worry about pot holes and ruining are rims haha

Geofux

Ready to race!
Maybe Dunlop has a warranty for road hazard in the first few months/miles? I know Continental does.

Continental does, but only on replacement tires. IIRC its the first year or first 2/32 of tread on Conti's that road hazard is covered for (but only on replacement tires!). They will sometimes on a case-by-case basis if your vehicle is new enough/under a certain mileage.

Sango11

Passed Driver's Ed
so i got it fixed 240 bucks later and a huge head ache and alot of phone calls no luck getting it under warranty

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
Wow! That's a lot of coin!

PoorHumble

Ready to race!
Thanks guys and yea i hit a pothole last night driving through Astoria new york its like driving on the moon with all the creators out there but hopefully i get a new tire for free il let you guys know when i get it fixed what the outcome was.

Yeah. NYC roads suck. They suck even worse post-winter.:mad0259: