GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Trim Differences

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Hello,

I'm getting confused and just doing some research. I'm wondering about the MK7 trim differences. I'm only really interested in the S and SE trims both with PP and LP.

However on the VW site it says SE has 220 hp, VAQ Differential and upgraded brakes. Does this mean the s does not? or is this just clever marketing as it was my understanding the S has those as well?

Thanks!

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
S & SE models as far as I know come in cloth, Autobahn is leather. I think you can get the PP & LP on the SE, but not sure of the S.
Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

zrickety

The Fixer
For the 2016 I see PP available on both trims and both 2 and 4 door. They list them under a big separate 'with Performance Package.'
Edit- looks like 2015 is the same.

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
The 2016 SE comes with leather & a hole in the roof standard. A friend just bought a new SE with PP. LP & DSG.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Right I'm more focusing on first billet point of the se where it says upgraded brakes and vaq differential like its something it has over the s.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
All trims have Lightning Package, Performance Package as an option. SE comes with standard brakes and no LSD. You get that with PP, no matter what trim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
To get a sunroof, you have to go to an SE.
SE trim comes with leather, and the Fender Audio system. (I have an SE.)

The differential, and brake differences come with the Performance Pack which may be added to any trim level - S included.

the Lighting Package can be added to any trim level as well.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion

This is what i was talking about. It seems like they're trying to pretend the se and autobahn have these over the s when it really doesn't.

zrickety

The Fixer
Yeah, just marketing gimmicks.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Wow, that's misleading.
The S in that ad, since it indicates it has the PP as well - would have the same 220HP, VAQ dif, and brake upgrade as highlighted on the SE.

Add the Performance Pack to any trim level, and you get the 10HP difference, brake upgrade, and limited slip.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
That's what i thought. Lol vw marketing be shady. It's ok i still love the engineering.