GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

unofficial 2.5L Golf MkVI Picture Thread

rstevenson

Ready to race!
Here's my 2.5l

I'm not sure what my next mod is. I was hoping to trade my 17inch portos for 18's with my dealer but he came back to me when it was time to trade and told me that his manager told him he wasn't allowed to make the trade. So I'm not sure if I'm ready to fork out the cash needed to get to 18's. I really wanted the interlagos. They're so nice. The other option that I'm looking into is lowering with FK coils. I can get the high sports for 950 delivered and installed. What does everyone think? What would you do first? Coils or 18s?

I also just replaced my fogs and low beam lights with aftermarket lights for the brighter and whiter look. I plan on putting in yellow lights in the city light spot. It's too hard to find 194 bulbs that match the lights I'm running now so I'll just go away from it with yellow. I'll post pics when I get that done. I also got the side markers painted this winter as well.

having same problem with my lights... dont kno what bulbs to run for the sidelights... have 8000k headlight HID's

jmarch

Ready to race!
LIttle update.. :w00t:

IMG_0164 by DirtyCandy2010, on Flickr

Going lower once the coils settle, and doing some camber in the back..

Will take some pics of my lights tonight.

Btw you guys should get these. http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_VI--2.5/Lighting/Headlights/ES2136952/

I was looking at these before. I just thought that they look very blue in the pictures on the ad. Almost too blue to match the 8500k lights I have.

Love the set up by the way! Those rims and drop look great. Once I get lower and 18s I'll be looking into the APR CAI and an exhaust. What exhaust are you running? Any video or sound clips for the rest of the 2.5 golf enthusiasts?

junior0404

Ready to race!
I was looking at these before. I just thought that they look very blue in the pictures on the ad. Almost too blue to match the 8500k lights I have.

Love the set up by the way! Those rims and drop look great. Once I get lower and 18s I'll be looking into the APR CAI and an exhaust. What exhaust are you running? Any video or sound clips for the rest of the 2.5 golf enthusiasts?

My wheels are 19s just so you know :p, but I am runing the 3" Ultimate Racing catback.

Here's a link to the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG9Iks3XUC4

rip steakface1

Passed Driver's Ed
Any reason to do suspension before wheels...other than to avoid looking like a monster truck?

i think you get much more bang-for-your buck performance benefit from a suspension upgrade than you do from new wheels. lowered cars with the right stance can look great even on stock wheels, with the added performance thrown in for good measure.

AllBlackGolf

Passed Driver's Ed
ps what are the best springs for looks? wanting it low before i upload the pictures, and what about new shocks? think theyre really needed?

shocks shocks shocks u need shocks bro,otherwise u gonna feel one of kidneys drop and you gonna start feeling your liver a little loose everytime u get a hole on the road(speed bump,ramp etc ..)
your car feels the same.it's awful for your car long time health.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aaconn

Passed Driver's Ed
Some pictures, well its been awhile since I have taken any pics of my car but today worked out perfect for doing it.
I am working on some wheels right now and can't wait to get that figured out, I need to get ride of the steelies.

So here you go

JDigital

Ready to race!
Some pictures, well its been awhile since I have taken any pics of my car but today worked out perfect for doing it.
I am working on some wheels right now and can't wait to get that figured out, I need to get ride of the steelies.

So here you go

What are you lowered on? Looks really good...

Redslumber

Ready to race!
Awesome awesome cars guys. Lot of people having fun with their 2.5s I see

Getting some items shipped to me as I speak:

- Clear side markers (via parts4euro)
- Aluminum skid-plate (via kerma-tdi)
- AWE Exhaust Cat-back

Waiting for the APR Carbon Intakes to come out. And also debating on the VMR 710s 18"