GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What next after stage 2?

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Been riding in my friend's MK7, and the LSD makes a hell of a difference. It makes such a difference that I changed plans to do this before K04. That's what's after stage 2 for me.

Good call, same for me. Better to be able to put the power down rather than adding more uncontrollable power I'd say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
That is a ridiculously good deal considering how good of tires those are.

I've had those tires on my old car and they were rated for like 55xxx miles. That's pretty confident in tire life I think.

I'm also hoping by switching to strictly summer tires this Spring I will find more power out of Stg2. I'm rocking my stock Dunlops that are pretty darn worn at this point since I bought the car end of 2013 and I'm at 32k miles.

I did read though that Stg2 isn't as torqey or that strong of a pull as Stg1 because the power is more linear and I believe that. I don't get that quick kick in your butt power Stg1 felt when you hit it, but then that fell flat on it's face quick. Where Stg2 definitely feels like it carries further out to red line.

Nineeightgolf

Ready to race!
That is a ridiculously good deal considering how good of tires those are.

When I upgraded to Michelin as3 from these tires, I was blown away by the improvement. Traction, initial turn in, and ride quality was so much better. Never realized how much I hated the continentals until I replaced them.

carrquik77

Passed Driver's Ed
LSD, stage three clutch if manual. And, keep your dual mass fly wheel/baring. Makes engaging much smoother. Get the "road" polymer plug for tranny wish bone mount. It's mild but VERY easy to install and does enough. If bigger plans in the future, LSD!

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Big turbo cars tend to have better street drivability vs k04. k04 is always ready to go so a lot of power down low.. where as the big turbo needs time to make power so better/easier driving in city stuff.

just my opinion.

I agree though if you are already tired of stage 2 and have all the supporting mods... mounts, intercooler, etc then go k04 or stage 3 or custom.

This. K04 felt fast but felt like the car was on crack when driving around the block.

Jlove8128

Ready to race!
This. K04 felt fast but felt like the car was on crack when driving around the block.

That's odd to me, my car is a better daily then when I was stage 2 and 2 version 2. The ko4 really doesn't kick in until 3,000-3,500rpm. Now if you like to mash the petal then 1st and 2nd gear are useless. However in stop and go traffic the ko4 1,000 times better. Modulation is the trick.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
That's odd to me, my car is a better daily then when I was stage 2 and 2 version 2. The ko4 really doesn't kick in until 3,000-3,500rpm. Now if you like to mash the petal then 1st and 2nd gear are useless. However in stop and go traffic the ko4 1,000 times better. Modulation is the trick.

Aint no body got time fo dat.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Stay at stage 2, K04 at most. Then buy something cheap, RWD that you can have fun with. Big power in these cars is just dumb. You'd have a more fun time placing a couple G's in a pile outside and lighting it on fire.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Stay at stage 2, K04 at most. Then buy something cheap, RWD that you can have fun with. Big power in these cars is just dumb. You'd have a more fun time placing a couple G's in a pile outside and lighting it on fire.

Thats just like your opinion man.

Jlove8128

Ready to race!

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

beygan

Ready to race!
Unfortunately the car is an FWD (which isnt entirely bad but bad in this aspect). In my opinion front drive cars have a lower limit to what you can do to it. Once you hit a power point there just isn't much reason to add more power whereas RWD or AWDs would prolly allow more power upgrades while remaining worthwhile. You can always drift a high power RWD or gymkhana an AWD or launch the f out of them or do burnouts..but with an FWD all you get is wheelspin and understeer...i doubt many find those much fun nor front drive burnouts.

My GTI is still stock tuned with an intake and coilovers and I already find the car well powered for decent performance. Once I hit stage 1 and eventually stage 2 i'm pretty sure i'll be satisfied for the rest of the life of the car and maybe you should too. Cause after that my opinion would tell me to say that changing your car for one in a higher performance tier would yield you better results and enjoyment for the money and time you spend on it.

Just my .02.

dead_catz

Ready to race!
Unfortunately the car is an FWD (which isnt entirely bad but bad in this aspect). In my opinion front drive cars have a lower limit to what you can do to it. Once you hit a power point there just isn't much reason to add more power whereas RWD or AWDs would prolly allow more power upgrades while remaining worthwhile. You can always drift a high power RWD or gymkhana an AWD or launch the f out of them or do burnouts..but with an FWD all you get is wheelspin and understeer...i doubt many find those much fun nor front drive burnouts.

My GTI is still stock tuned with an intake and coilovers and I already find the car well powered for decent performance. Once I hit stage 1 and eventually stage 2 i'm pretty sure i'll be satisfied for the rest of the life of the car and maybe you should too. Cause after that my opinion would tell me to say that changing your car for one in a higher performance tier would yield you better results and enjoyment for the money and time you spend on it.

Just my .02.

wooooah we have all heard that before