GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the 2.0 TSI ECU Update (Version 2.0!)

JohnoBurr

Ready to race!
Generally the only people posting in here are those having issues, he's obviously not alone in that regard. APR will not be posting in here anymore, they've made that abundantly clear. The only thing to do is either email APR for a beta or continue waiting. Or switch tuners.

carrquik77

Passed Driver's Ed
Why rag on him? If hes having problems he can share about them, the more people that share the better, not everyone has the free time to go through 2300 posts to see if someone else posted about the same problems.

+1. Thanks homie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnoBurr

Ready to race!
Not that it matters, I'm done with APR and so I'm done with this thread as well. Leaving with nothing but complete disappointment in a big name tuner.

carrquik77

Passed Driver's Ed
Well... after my first spirited drive (allowing the motor to warm, yadda, yadda, and running 93 hi tune with 101/91 fuel mix), I really have no complaints. I don't think that the tune is THAT big of a diff from stock to stage 2 like some have posted. I noticed that the torque keeps me in my seat a little longer through 3rd and 4th gear. Hit 20psi at one point but it drops quickly as the motor actually comes into play. I do think there's a much linear power band in first and second not to exclude the idle hold when pressing clutch and letting the motor coast. It's almost like the ecu is trying to idle match for the next gear (not a big deal). I honestly think some of the issues are owner/car isolated ( which is why I'm glad there is a mt thread also). -I found finally after reading the 2300 posts-.I did noticed a weird idle bump (like 40rpms?) when setting like others have stated. I only wish I had the money to throw at other tunes,but I truly believe in loyalty as I'm sure so does APR. Thanks for the research guys!!!

PS...
Let me know how that COBB tune works out.

carrquik77

Passed Driver's Ed
youre getting ragged on because this is info that has been discussed over and over. Your noted issues have been known for 6+ months. I don't believe any of the Beta releases have corrected this issue. Your options at this point are reverting back to v1.2 or submitting a ticket with APR.

I wasn't complaining I was agreeing and trying to give others an example.
Thanks.

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
I did a forth gear pull from 50 mph to redline and I could hear some tiny bits of sputter. Fuel was 101 and 91 running the 93 MAP. Maybe that's why. With all this said it was directly after the tune and I have to drive 1.45 hours to get the tune. Today I will have a fresh start after the car has been setting for 12 hours. Will post again with updates.

What are your other mods? Stock coilpacks? Minor misfires could be plugs, coils, carbon, the usual suspects, etc.

carrquik77

Passed Driver's Ed
What are your other mods? Stock coilpacks? Minor misfires could be plugs, coils, carbon, the usual suspects, etc.

Full stage 2+, r8 coils/plugs. The usual. Plugs and coils have two years on them. It didn't seem like hard misfires though. Also, when I had the water recall work completed I had them do a carbon clean which was about 8 months ago.

Bill19751

Ready to race!
What is the status on the stage 1 tune? It seems once v2 came out there have been a series of issues and I have not seen anything definitive pointing to a resolution.

I had an APR tune on my last car and enjoyed it with zero problems. Would like to go stage 1, maybe eventually stage 2 if I can justify the expense.

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
What is the status on the stage 1 tune? It seems once v2 came out there have been a series of issues and I have not seen anything definitive pointing to a resolution.

I had an APR tune on my last car and enjoyed it with zero problems. Would like to go stage 1, maybe eventually stage 2 if I can justify the expense.

Status is: It's still messed up with no TBA date when it'll be fixed.

You would be better off going with Cobb. It would be cheaper overall, and you can recoup the cost by selling the access port when your done with it. If i knew this was going to happen i would've went cobb.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie

There are a few problems. Much less with a MT. I have stage 2 and my car is still very driveable and fun once it's warmed up.

Status is: It's still messed up with no TBA date when it'll be fixed.

You would be better off going with Cobb. It would be cheaper overall, and you can recoup the cost by selling the access port when your done with it. If i knew this was going to happen i would've went cobb.

Calm down there

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
There are a few problems. Much less with a MT. I have stage 2 and my car is still very driveable and fun once it's warmed up.

Calm down there

maybe you need to calm down?

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie

Dans GTI

Ready to race!

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
It's an open forum.