GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Will you buy another vw after your current?

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
I'm really liking the GTI I have now and slowly building it the way I want it is nice. I have thought about trading up for a mk7 GTI or R as they just make so much more power but I just can't justify getting into a new car loan as I am saving up for a house too.

So my plan is to complete my build and have the car paid off in 2 years and at that time look for a house. Then it is on to looking for a weekender, which is probably going to be RWD, V8, and stick (Porsche power is nice too but they are just so over priced right now).

So the only logical way I can justify dropping this much money into my gti is to keep the sucker for at least 200k miles. But after I obtain my weekender thats when I'll look to get a new daily. Probably a Mk8/9 GTI or R?? We'll see when the time comes. I realize that this gti will be worth like $3k at that point but whatever, i'll get my enjoyment out of it.

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
The Golf R with a DSG is the only thing in the VW lineup that I want. I'm also looking at the M240i.

At this point, all I know is what I won't be getting, and that is the Camaro, Challenger, and Mustang...

Corradoluvher

Ready to race!
Coming from a SLC VR6 Corrado than B5 K04 passat and currently a mk6 gti K04 HELL NO!!

But thats what i said after the corrado and than after the passat lol

But tbh f_ck VW and there scamming asses. That inifinit Q60 3.0t looks legitness tho.

joelerv

Man. I put too many miles on my mk6. Bought it 11 months ago with 18k miles and I just did the dsg service and such at 39k miles. Hopefully I'll be one of those guys that posts on here hitting 150-200k miles in the future. For my commute and how many miles I put on it, I need to keep this one for a long while.
Can't say I wouldn't pick up an s3 or R in the future as a second car. But knowing me... I'd drive it every day to work like this one. Can't help it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
I'll be staying gti likely i might not buy new again but want to stay with the platform. Hatchbacks are so useful to me and I think the gti is the best looking one.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
My current plans are to buy like a 2 year old mk8 (hopefully an R) with ~20k miles. My current GTI was 2 years old with 19k miles on it and it's treated me really well. By the time I'm ready to trade it in I should still be under 100k miles, and I'll do the same thing with the next car I'm sure.

There's just nothing else that pulls me towards it like a GTI does. There's no other hatchback in it's price range that looks as good as the GTI.

I guess there's a lot of stigmas that keep me away from other cars too. I could never drive something like a nissan 350/370z or a genesis, there's just so many douche bros that drive them.

Tesla I feel like is the iphone of cars, so I don't give too much of a shit about them, but I do think Tesla is doing some pretty cool stuff for the industry.

The big american muscle cars don't suit me at all. Though I do love a good Challenger it's not something I could see myself ever owning. I would never ever buy a mustang.

Lexus's suck. Kias are worse.

Audis don't appeal to me too much either. All the ones I like I'll probably never afford. Same with BMW.

Chevy I'm indifferent about. I don't hate them or like them very much.

Anything that's naturally aspirated is automatically out of the equation.

I can't get into Mazdas, Toyotas, Fords, or Hyundais...There's literally nothing out there for me to drive except a GTI. I'd drive a WRX even though no hatchback though.
Haha you and me have the exact same thoughts. Like u took the words straight from my brain.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

IAtegeler

Ready to race!
probably not. Have been browsing for subarus recently. I would like to have AWD in the winter around here. I love my GTI but with the issues I have had and the way VWOA treated me left a sour taste in my mouth so I am done with VW.

FriggenT1

Banned
I feel like with all the work I've now done to the car, I just know it so well, and while all car companies are using cheap plastic as part of their cars building process, some of the vw parts just make me want to do :mad0259: such as the cheap ass plastic pcv that only seems to half ass work. The smic was also something i dont really get, but with not modding the car in mind when designing it, i guess i can understand that. Theres just a few things that were very stupid in their thinking. Perhaps in that area the mk7 is better...idk. there is such a thing as over engineering though.

Noodle1

Ready to race!
I'll probably get a wrx next, maybe a 335i, probably not a gti again, i really want to leave fwd

Joveen

Ready to race!
Buying the mk8 R when it gets to year 3 which most likely 2023. If not I'll buy an Sti or evo or civic type R because I love Hatches.

My dream track car is a Porsche 911 996 RWD. My weekend driver is a Porsche 911 GT3 7Sp.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

BlueE30

Ready to race!
This is my 4th VW and like others have said, it just works and fits my lifestyle. I've had 4 VW's, all have actually been problem free to me for the most part (mk2 gti, mk4 1.8t, mk6 tdi jetta now my mk6 gti).

I'll likely stick with VW even though they do things that piss me off and don't really stand behind their product as good as they should. They make a fun, relatively reliable, fuel efficient car.

Saving up to purchase a Golf R, will probably be in a couple of years, I prefer it over the S3 for the hatchback aspect and prefer the Golf R over the GTI due to the AWD as we get some snow up in the mountains.

According to the wife, will sacrifice the weekend toy E30 when I get the Golf R, we'll see...

KzooGerti

Passed Driver's Ed
It sounds strange, but I'll probably be a Mk7 GTI or Alltrack next. I love GTIs, but I'm also drawn to the all around goodness and balance of the Alltrack.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
in a perfect world i'll be able to afford a next-gen Golf R next. that being said by the time i am buying my next car its posible i might have to go into family mode so it might have to be a Tiguan with 4moition.