GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion
Next year I’ll do privacy fence for the kids. This buckthorn and mullberry are shit and waste a large portion of my back yard.

The neighbor behind me stopped by today, I thought to bitch about the trees. Turns out, he has wanted to clear some of it for years, but my prior owners would call the police anytime he did anything. We made a deal, I clean out the buckthorn and he’ll dredge our ditch and connect our culverts between driveways with one continuous run. Then I’ll be able to park the trailer behind the garage.

Jaber

Modero
Can't wait to move into our house next weekend. Been living with the inlaws since early January and it's starting to get to the tipping point. They spoil our daughter and she has gotten used to getting what she wants, when she wants.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Brake pads, helmet, and other parts came in. Hopefully this cold shit goes away soon for an install party at my place.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
How was everyones weekend? I looked at a bunch of places to move. Haven't found anything yet. Made some amazing steaks on the grill last night, turned out perfect.

I damaged one of my control arms pressing out the old bushing too. Sucks. Seems pressing out the inner sleeve and then cutting out the outer ring is the way to go rather than trying to press out the outer sleeve. Oh well.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Next year I’ll do privacy fence for the kids. This buckthorn and mullberry are shit and waste a large portion of my back yard.
The neighbor behind me stopped by today, I thought to bitch about the trees. Turns out, he has wanted to clear some of it for years, but my prior owners would call the police anytime he did anything. We made a deal, I clean out the buckthorn and he’ll dredge our ditch and connect our culverts between driveways with one continuous run. Then I’ll be able to park the trailer behind the garage.
Thats good that you have cool neighbors, only takes one bad neighbor to ruin the whole street.

Have no paid for tree removal myself but have seen estimates for others...its quite expensive for what seems to be a simple job.
Can't wait to move into our house next weekend. Been living with the inlaws since early January and it's starting to get to the tipping point. They spoil our daughter and she has gotten used to getting what she wants, when she wants.
Sucks. Remember you hold the power sir.
Brake pads, helmet, and other parts came in. Hopefully this cold shit goes away soon for an install party at my place.
Nice, you going to mount a gopro to helmet or?

How was everyones weekend? I looked at a bunch of places to move. Haven't found anything yet. Made some amazing steaks on the grill last night, turned out perfect.
I damaged one of my control arms pressing out the old bushing too. Sucks. Seems pressing out the inner sleeve and then cutting out the outer ring is the way to go rather than trying to press out the outer sleeve. Oh well.
Grilled steaks ftw. I too had steak, with bleu cheese.

Whered you get the press from?

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Thats good that you have cool neighbors, only takes one bad neighbor to ruin the whole street.

Have no paid for tree removal myself but have seen estimates for others...its quite expensive for what seems to be a simple job.

Sucks. Remember you hold the power sir.

Nice, you going to mount a gopro to helmet or?

Grilled steaks ftw. I too had steak, with bleu cheese.

Whered you get the press from?
No money for GoPro, or such mounts haha. Could've bought a GoPro, but bought brake pads instead.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
It's a harbor freight 12 ton press. Works fine for what I need. Only thing I will probably end up buying new plates for it that have screws to hold the position.

I just bought one of those yesterday to press out the thrust arm bushings on my new control arms (to be replaced with gooder ones that don't have rubber).

All the times I did wheel bearings on the old 944 with a driver and hammer... f*** why didn't I just buy one of these presses?

In other news - DO NOT TRUST CRAFTSMAN TORQUE WRENCHES.

A few months ago I bought a nice new digital torque wrench, it was on sale for 50% off at Sears and says it has a range of 5-80 ftlb. I don't have any wrenches that go that low other than a small Harbor Freight one which I've never been sure I trusted so I sprung for it.

First time I used it was yesterday. It over-torques the SHIT out of everything. I used it on the ball joints (to 55) and it went WAY past 55 before it clicked. Same with the strut pinch bolts.

I didn't realize it was going over though... and used it (set to 20) on my new camber plate bolts (where the camber plate bolts to the strut tower). Bolts are pressed into the plate, stick up through the tower, nut and washer go on top. It took a little tension as I know it was pulling/walking up the plate, but noticed, "huh, I've been turning it a lot and it hasn't really clicked..." Fucking stripped the nut threads... now the nut just spins. Won't torque down, nor will it spin off the stud.

So... anybody ever used one of these things? https://www.autozone.com/test-scan-...-tool/oem-7-8-in-nut-splitting-tool/70112_0_0

Amazon reviews are so-so. Thinking I might try it. I'd use a Dremel and cut the nut but I don't think I have the room, even with a small radius cutting wheel there's not much way to avoid the wheel hitting the strut tower itself...

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Is yours in your living room too because you are out of room in the garage? :iono:

I can't wait to move in a few weeks.

LOL no I found a corner in the garage to shove it into.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
Weekend was busy for me. Sat got a good day of work in. Then went to the local watering hole and was over-served on Guinness and Whiskey.

Yesterday Washed the truck. Dragged the powerwasher out of the shed and gave the underside a good spraying. Then rotated the tires. I can honestly say that was not nearly as easy as I thought it would be. The tires alone are a little over 70 lbs and the rims are around 40 lbs a piece. Flipping 110 lb wheels and trying to get them mounted up- seriously not that easy.

Then worked on the jeep. Got the heavy duty tailgate hinge installed, and mounted the high-lift jack. Still had to mess with the wheel on the back, but the jeep is only like 90s at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.