GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HOLY S#%$ this can be good.

jbcritch

Go Kart Champion
yea plus i have documents that say things like that. I know its not APR but an intake is an intake.

27. Will a K&N filter cause my vehicle's mass air sensor to fail?

No, it is both impossible and ridiculous.

It is impossible because we know that the oil treatment on our cotton is very small (usually less than 2 ounces). Once the oil is properly and evenly absorbed through the cotton, no oil will come off, even under extreme engine conditions. It is ridiculous, because no dealership or service provider has ever been able to provide us with evidence to support this "myth," and in fact, our investigations have revealed that even authorized dealerships are simply speculating and do not have the test equipment necessary to know whether the sensor has failed or why. It is even more ridiculous because some car manufacturers use and sell air filters treated with oil on a regular basis. There are also major brands of disposable air filters that are treated with oil. We all use oil for the same reason, it helps in the filtration efficiency of an air filter. For more information on this topic including videos, see our Mass Air Flow Sensor Statement page.

Out of the millions of air filters we sell, we only receive a handful of consumer complaints each month that a dealership or service provider has blamed a vehicle sensor repair on our product. We take each complaint very seriously and see it as an opportunity to stop a consumer from being taken advantage of. We investigate the situation thoroughly and take full responsibility for resolving the issue. For more information on how we educate and persuade the service provider to reconsider their position, see Mass Air Flow Sensor Information & Testing. We are so confident in our ability to resolve these situations and to help a consumer fight back that we offer our Consumer Protection Pledge.

As a result of our standing up for consumer rights and providing assistance to resolve a disagreement, we have had over 300 actual sensors sent to us by dealerships who claimed our product had caused them to fail. Microscopic, electronic and chemical testing revealed that none of the sensors were contaminated by K&N oil (K&N Detailed MAF Sensor Test Results). What is perhaps the single biggest clue to what is going on is that over 50% of these sensors were not broken in the first place for any reason. Click here for more information on how this may happen.

28. Can a K&N product cause my Check Engine Light or Service Light to come on?

A properly installed K&N product should not cause the Service Light to illuminate. For more information see our Engine Service Lights and K&N Products page.

I dont know. I've heard lots of storys on the BMW forum regarding K&N filters fouling MAF Sensors. Especially if they had been recently oiled.

Its still not an APR problem, but sounds like a K&N filter problem.

In fairness to K&N, here's their side of the story / "urban myth":

http://www.knfilters.com/maf/massair.htm

SethProSTX

Ready to race!
cool i was just using it as reference. not really as dirctly my problem. an my APR wasnt old enough to need to be oiled lol.

SethProSTX

Ready to race!
WELLLL good news. I sat down and showed the guy photos and some information on the intake and some information on engines. talked to him very polietly and he and i came to an understanding. my car will be covered by warrenty and everything is paid for in full. good deal im glad we got everything worked out.

Thanks everyone for support in this little issue, and the information yall provided me with. Now is the end of this problem, going to FINALLY get my car back tomorrow. AND ON TO BIGGER THINGS! bags and getting my wheels fixed up.