GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Those with 18x9.5 et48

SFvalleyGTi1

Go Kart Champion
I'm looking at purchasing some wheels but after searching the forum I didn't find the answers I was looking for.

The wheels are 18x8.5 et45 which I know fit flush on the front end... My question is will 18x9.5 et48 fit in the rear without any negative camber and poke? If it does poke does anyone know how much it will stick out from the rear fender?

I'm looking for people that have actually had this size wheel 9.5" in the rear and or if someone has pictures that shows the poke or flushness of them.

Thanks in advance

SethProSTX

Ready to race!
Time to find someone near you with wheels to that spec and test fit em. all the input in the world doesnt madder as much as seeing it yourself. thats my $0.02

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
you'll be 100% good in the front. pretty flush fitment. the rears MIGHT be a little bit of trouble but by MILLIMETERS. i think you might be able to get away with it without any negative camber just stretch your tires a tiny bit.

how low are you?

SFvalleyGTi1

Go Kart Champion
you'll be 100% good in the front. pretty flush fitment. the rears MIGHT be a little bit of trouble but by MILLIMETERS. i think you might be able to get away with it without any negative camber just stretch your tires a tiny bit.

how low are you?

I'm 4x4 status right now but will be on ST coils... I'm not worried about rubbing as I will just raise the rear. I just dont like the whole poke stuff

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
8.5 doesnt have the step lip... 9.5 does ;)

Ummmm wut? So, if that were true then your saying you want your fronts to have flat lips, and your rear to have stepped lips? I'm pretty sure both 8.5"s and 9.5"s both have stepped lips, but the 9.5"s are just smaller.

SFvalleyGTi1

Go Kart Champion
Ummmm wut? So, if that were true then your saying you want your fronts to have flat lips, and your rear to have stepped lips? I'm pretty sure both 8.5"s and 9.5"s both have stepped lips, but the 9.5"s are just smaller.

I prefer step lips on front and rear but thats not available in the set of rims I'm looking at or my price range. So I have to settle for flat lip in front probably 1" and push to get step lip in the rears... Probably having 2 to 3" lips.

Here are pictures of the wheels.... notice where the valve stems are in both pictures and where the "step" is.

SargeMKVI

Semper Fi!
The rears will definitely poke with the 9.5". Mine are 8.5s and you can see them as you look to the rear of the car from the driver seat.

Now if your planning on running some aggressive camber, then the wont poke, they will tuck. If this is the case, get ready to go through some tires.

I prefer step lips on front and rear but thats not available in the set of rims I'm looking at or my price range. So I have to settle for flat lip in front probably 1" and push to get step lip in the rears... Probably having 2 to 3" lips.

Here are pictures of the wheels.... notice where the valve stems are in both pictures and where the "step" is.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, they're both stepped lips. Just the top one is wider.

This is a flat lip.

It looks tricky, because its a single step but heres an 8.5 from a different angle.

Heres a 9.5. Still single stepped lip, just wider.

if you 'hate' poke, and fear for your life when you hear a rub, a 9.5" probably isn't for you. ET48 is a sorta nice fitment, but at a stock ride height, it would be awful. You need the natural neg camber that comes from lowering a car significantly for these to fit right. If you're looking for how it'll sit, look up pictures of a Miro STP-3 which come in identical width/offsets just 1" taller.

SFvalleyGTi1

Go Kart Champion
The rears will definitely poke with the 9.5". Mine are 8.5s and you can see them as you look to the rear of the car from the driver seat.

Now if your planning on running some aggressive camber, then the wont poke, they will tuck. If this is the case, get ready to go through some tires.

Are you saying the rims lip is even with the rear fender (qtr panel) with your 8.5 et45 wheels?