GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rain-X

onomatopoeia

Passed Driver's Ed
I haven't used Rain-X in several years. I remember it being a pain in the ass to apply without getting a slightly cloudy effect but the water wiping properties were remarkable.

I'm curious what the thoughts are from avid car care experts regarding the use of Rain-X. Is it frowned upon or is it useful? Are there other products that perform the same function better?

gunmetal5

Ready to race!
I'm using stoners now. It is easy to apply, even to dirty windows. I love the one in a metal bottle.

scbastv

Ready to race!
Well...rain-x is still a bit of a pain to buff off during the application process...def takes some elbow grease to get rid of the haze completely...but HOLY SH*T are the results worth it!!!

I love rain-x and apply it roughly once a month or so. NEVER have to use my wipers...no matter how hard its raining, actually, the harder it rains the better it works! I would totally recommend it to anyone!:thumbsup:

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
I've heard good things about Aquapel, but haven't used it myself. Will be trying it once I find it locally.

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
Well...rain-x is still a bit of a pain to buff off during the application process...def takes some elbow grease to get rid of the haze completely..

Which one do you use?

I used the one that comes in a spray bottle. They suggest you to spray it on a cloth and wipe it on, but I just spray it directly on the glass. It's as easy as cleaning glass with windex. Gave the car two coats in about 15 min.

tornadoredgti1

Passed Driver's Ed
I only use rainX on the side windows of my car and the trunk window. If it mists or the weather is only light rain, the water doesn't bead off fast enough on the windshield and causes visibility issues and if you use your wipers, the wipers get screwed up.... just my 2 cents.

tippah1

Ready to race!
I dont see the point in rain-x, You have wipers for reason and they work!! You dont even have to think about them set them on auto and forget.........Or are you guys trying to save fuel by using as little electrical power as possible??

gunmetal5

Ready to race!
There would be less of a reason to use wipers. I haven't tried rain x but I hear good stuff about t. I got the 3 pack of stoners with windshield MF from AUtoGeek.net so I'm using that befor buying more things. I reallly really really want to try detalerdomains MF towels bc Their pricing is much cheaper compared to AG.

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
I actually prefer the DD drying towel to the AG one - but it ain't cheap. The normal microfibers are probably alittle plusher from DD. AG is only good if you get a big combo pack imo.

As for why rain-x or similar - try it before you knock it.

DvS21

Ready to race!
I actually loved rain-X's windshield wiper fluid. they have a bug removeer formula that works awesome in addition to helping with water beading.

gerard

I actually loved rain-X's windshield wiper fluid. they have a bug removeer formula that works awesome in addition to helping with water beading.
+1 there with the wiper fluid. Saves having to apply the sealant. Been using it for over 10 years and another plus is the wiper blades last longer

tippah1

Ready to race!
I have used it on helicopter windscreens and see why they use it as the speed of the helicopter limits the use or windscreen wipers effectiveness, they dont use aero blades so the wind lifts the wipers. My mate used it when he was too lazy to buy new wiper blades for his mercedes van as they were in the region of $100 a pair. I just dont see the point of it spending money on something that doesnt eliminate water on your windscreen.

scbastv

Ready to race!
Which one do you use?

I used the one that comes in a spray bottle. They suggest you to spray it on a cloth and wipe it on, but I just spray it directly on the glass. It's as easy as cleaning glass with windex. Gave the car two coats in about 15 min.

I use the spray bottle also...but i spray on a cloth and wipe it on...wait for it to haze, then buff off...

how long does rainx last on your windshield when applied your way? (also a factor in how long it lasts, how many times a week/month do you wash your car?)