GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Outlines MKVII Golf/GTI/GTD(?) Timeline

Lazylathe

Passed Driver's Ed
Pic works fine for me.

Nose is too round and slopes down too much for me.
Golf/GTI have always been more boxy looking which i think is part of their appeal.

Powling

Ready to race!
Not a fan. Hopefully this is just another random rendering.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
There are a number of renderings going around.

I tend to believe that this one may have the hood and headlight contours more correct than some of the other renderings.

I say that based on the image of the moc up sans headlights that we've seen - the headlight cut outs look long and angled on that model, not squared off or boxy. (Of course that is provided that moc up is close to the production car.)
Also because the heavily camoflaged images show quite a strong contour along the hood from the windshield towards the nose - a strong fender contour as well.
The cammo covered models also show a strong crease running along the body sides - under the door handles begining at the trailing edge of the front fenders, and continuing all the way to the rear fenders.
I haven't seen a rendering that shows that crease.

We'll have to see, the cars are so covered up.
I do hope for a slightly more agressive look like the one above, over a more Jetta-ized version.

Last edited:

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
This.

And this.

Yeah, but every formally boxy make - BMW, Audi, Mercedes - has added a lot more aggressive contour of late.
Let's try to forget BMWs hideous new edge period though. :yikes:

I personally would like to see the MKVI design that we have taken to a slightly more rakish look like we see in this rendering.
I don't want the car going back to being more conservative and boxy.
I don't want an overdone swoopy mess of course - but that obviously isn't what's hidden unede the cammo.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Nose is too round and slopes down too much for me.
Golf/GTI have always been more boxy looking which i think is part of their appeal.

Really? The MKV is full of curves and circles. I don't think there is a straight line or right angle on the car.

Jaxper

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, but every formally boxy make - BMW, Audi, Mercedes - has added a lot more aggressive contour of late.
Let's try to forget BMWs hideous new edge period though. :yikes:

I personally would like to see the MKVI design that we have taken to a slightly more rakish look like we see in this rendering.
I don't want the car going back to being more conservative and boxy.
I don't want an overdone swoopy mess of course - but that obviously isn't what's hidden unede the cammo.

I agree with you, I just think that the teaser image posted (whether accurate or not) just looks too similar to the Mazda3 for my taste. I guess I'm just getting more and more biased toward the MK6 look. :iono:

Really? The MKV is full of curves and circles. I don't think there is a straight line or right angle on the car.

Well, I'm not a fan of the MKV to begin with, so I guess I'll just leave that one out of the "boxier" image in my mind. :rolleyes:

ROOSTER1050

Go Kart Champion
this may be the ass shot of that fron end.... believeable??

ROOSTER1050

Go Kart Champion
here's a quick look possible front/rear then....

and I agree -- kind not diggin' that fron end, does look a bit "panamera-ish"...looks like they borrowed heavy off the "Q5" on the rear....

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I'll wait for the real deal before making a call all those renderings are ugly as sin and much worse than the current car. That is hard to believe given that VW style direction has been really good lately.

Shini

Go Kart Champion
Looks less hot hatch, more hot sedan with a hatch, basically a wanna-be SUV..

Last edited: