GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear VW Emblem Removal

rcopp

Ready to race!
It took me a while to get the trim off, but after the first time I did it, it was no problem. I broke 1 clip too, when I was reinstalling, that was much harder for me for some reason. I really should get one of those removal kits it would make life easier.

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
Really? Wow I did it just the other day while I had the lining off in about a minute and had never done it before.

It took me a while to get the trim off, but after the first time I did it, it was no problem. I broke 1 clip too, when I was reinstalling, that was much harder for me for some reason. I really should get one of those removal kits it would make life easier.

lol wut?

Making me sound like a 'tard :p

rcopp

Ready to race!
Haha I knew that the clips wouldn't break if I pulled hard in the right spots so I just yanked it off after I tried doing it gently, and worked up the courage to use more force haha. Putting it back on was a different story...

bharm24

I just PlastiDipped my emblems and it was super easy. With the rear, just tape off a square and give it a light 3layers. Let it dry and peal off the tape and paper box. Scratch the rubber til you can grab it with your fingers and then peal it away from the emblem. you dont need to cut around the emblem or anything. its just peals away from it.. Super easy, wish i would have done it earlier.

ChancreScolex

Ready to race!
Sorry to revive a dead thread but I cant get my rear badge off. I tried sliding the credit card around the edge and I can only get it lifted up partially. Anyone have a pic of the badge removed with the clips that hold it on? Might help me to know what Im doing

walker

Go Kart Newbie
I found a credit card to be way too thick. I used advice I found somewhere on this site... use a razor blade. Slide it in the bottom right at 6 o clock, and twist. The bottom clip should pop off. Then work your way around. Just be careful because that plastic is soft, it gets marred easily.

illDub6

Ready to race!
someone sell me there chrome emblem :)

ChancreScolex

Ready to race!
bump for picture of one removed (the clips, etc)

mark986

Ready to race!
What for? Won't make a difference seeing them..

WakeInTheCity

Ready to race!
damnit i just took mine off but didnt take pics. use a screwdriver (flathead) and just lift the emblem up off the black backing (very slowly) and go around the whole thing lifting it away, until it finally starts getting loose. then you just pop it off. just lift it off one section at a time until it starts getting looser.

just put white vinyl under my chrome, not colormatched, but looks close enough.

Adamse7en

Ready to race!
I don't understand what people aren't getting about the rear VW, I just used a very thin flat head and slowly pried it off. Make sure you take your time, it seems like it could crack very easily. It's very easy to do, but the front VW emblem, not that is a whole different story.

Adamse7en

Ready to race!
damnit i just took mine off but didnt take pics. use a screwdriver (flathead) and just lift the emblem up off the black backing (very slowly) and go around the whole thing lifting it away, until it finally starts getting loose. then you just pop it off. just lift it off one section at a time until it starts getting looser.

just put white vinyl under my chrome, not colormatched, but looks close enough.

Really should have read this before I posted my comment, oh well. :iono:

Thumper

Autocross Champion
I don't understand what people aren't getting about the rear VW, I just used a very thin flat head and slowly pried it off.

Maybe cause that doesn't always work. Case in point, the one on my car I just broke. :lol:

One clip broke and the emblem itself on the lower where the "W" joins the ring cracked.

bump for picture of one removed (the clips, etc)

Here you go, I know THIS certainly would have helped me. I thought there were clips around the outer ring and in the middle.......there aren't.

I drew arrows for the direction they unclip. Don't laugh at the arrows. :D

It's really hard to get this off since the assembly rotates as the handle, hard to get at the top ones.

Guess I am ordering a black one from parts4euro ($25) cause the OEM chrome is $42 according to keffer.

Bill Hicks

Passed Driver's Ed
Removed mine yesterday. CC was too thick for me as well; used a micro screwdriver to get it stated, then gently pried it up around the edge with my fingers.