GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tuning/Chip FAQ Thread: Which One Do I choose?

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Good idea. It's just common knowledge I figure.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Thanks. I'll update it.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Bumping this

3askoul

I honestly think they are all the same. While driving a gti stage 2 u feel the power on the whole rpm very smooth. While revolution u feel the aggressiveness of the car on wot

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Added :thumbsup:

Would the other tuners like to add anything?

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Updated with REVO Stage 1 Graphs and contact information

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
I have a simple tune question that doesn't require a whole new thread. Does APR stage 2 actually change the map, or is it just to keep you from getting a CEL due to a downpipe? Is there a benefit to stage 2 software if you get a downpipe that doesn't give you a CEL?

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I have a simple tune question that doesn't require a whole new thread. Does APR stage 2 actually change the map, or is it just to keep you from getting a CEL due to a downpipe? Is there a benefit to stage 2 software if you get a downpipe that doesn't give you a CEL?

I'm glad you asked in this thread. Yes Stage 2 alters boost requests etc. etc. to allow the power band to be a lot smoother and linear. Plus it adds a lot of higher end power. Its NOT just preventing the CEL

Yes there are plenty of companies that will offer non testpipe files if you can guarantee no CELs

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Thank you! I've read it was just for the DP CEL, and that seemed odd to me. It's nice to have all this info in one thread now! :thumbsup:

JoshGTI2010

I just wanted to say I've been looking everywhere for this...and here it is. All of my questions except where to go to get it done answered in one fell swoop. Thanks!

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I just wanted to say I've been looking everywhere for this...and here it is. All of my questions except where to go to get it done answered in one fell swoop. Thanks!

Good to know it helped! :thumbsup: Each website has a dealer locator on it. Just type in your zip and BOOM!

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
** Updated contact information