GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2011 changes

alvin24

Ready to race!
Spoke to 4 dealerships today if there are any changes to the 2011 like the ignition push start and etc. All 4 salesman said they have not heard anything to that matter. I saw a previous thread where it says official changes to 2011. How accurate is the source? Or are these sales people just really don't know. Can anyone really confirm the official changes to the 2011?

Cloudlink041

Ready to race!
What dealership?

Cloudlink041

Ready to race!
No, just wondering since im in socal too.

stradovinski

Passed Driver's Ed
Stopped by a dealership the other day and the guy printed me out the order guide they have in their system for the 2011. Of course no pricing is listed yet, but the changes are just as they are mentioned on vwvortex

DanielStevenMKVI

Ready to race!
I'm begining to think these salesman are &^%*

Hahaha, you got that right.
Most of us here on the forum could outsell the GTI, or pretty much any VW for that matter, first day on.
I appreciated the fact that the last guy I test drove with actually acknowledged that "If you're coming in here looking for a GTI you probably know more about it than I do, or any dealer does, because you're an enthusiast". I smiled and nodded politely.

daihard

Ready to race!
GTI Autobahn: New Smart Key keyless entry with and push‐start/stop ignition

I wonder if this can be retrofitted to a 2010 car easily? I also wish the 9W7 bluetooth were available for the 2010 model year.

Last edited:

Mk6golfer

Ready to race!
Most of us here on the forum could outsell the GTI, or pretty much any VW for that matter, first day on.
I appreciated the fact that the last guy I test drove with actually acknowledged that "If you're coming in here looking for a GTI you probably know more about it than I do, or any dealer does, because you're an enthusiast". I smiled and nodded politely.

Haha yeah, when I first looked at a GTI in person I was teaching the sales lady all about the car. Hooked up my iphone and played some songs and gave a "demo" of the system lol. I'm really obsessive about things I'm in the market for.. ESPECIALLY cars.

DanielStevenMKVI

Ready to race!
Haha yeah, when I first looked at a GTI in person I was teaching the sales lady all about the car. Hooked up my iphone and played some songs and gave a "demo" of the system lol. I'm really obsessive about things I'm in the market for.. ESPECIALLY cars.

Me too man, I do as much research as I can about something I'm interested in.
I can tell you plenty about hookahs, guitars, & cars.

stradovinski

Passed Driver's Ed

I got the same impression while I was there (Seemed like he didn't know about the keyless/push button or the new BT module/new packages). He was either uninformed or was just putting on a good show. Anyway, since I'm waiting for a 2011 anyway (due to the available selection in my area), there was no way for him to get me to take anything and I let him know that up front so I wouldn't waste his time. Once he printed out order form, he read it and acknowledged the upcoming changes.

In sales though you have to sell what you have today so you can never blame someone for trying to close the deal. As long as they don't lie I'm OK with it. Playing dumb about the future is within the rules in my book. Hopefully he will follow up as promised and we can do business when they have something I want