GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

slight vibration on the brake pedal

ahuang1983

Kanoneweiß
Hey guys

I don't know what happened. But ever since I got my stage 2+, I have been getting slight brake pedal vibration that comes and goes randomly. Its not bad, but it feels like when you have clutch on engage point and holding on the brake pedal. Not as shacky but that's the closest feeling I can explain. Any ideas why? Couldn't find any answers on the forum.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Hey guys

I don't know what happened. But ever since I got my stage 2+, I have been getting slight brake pedal vibration that comes and goes randomly. Its not bad, but it feels like when you have clutch on engage point and holding on the brake pedal. Not as shacky but that's the closest feeling I can explain. Any ideas why? Couldn't find any answers on the forum.

What sort of intake are you running? Check to make.sure its not rubbing on the lines.

ahuang1983

Kanoneweiß
What sort of intake are you running? Check to make.sure its not rubbing on the lines.

I am running the cts intake but it was fine before the tune. Actually when I got the tune done, they gave me a prototype heat shield and installed it for me. At first I thought the heat shield was the issue, so I got them to remove it today. But the vibration is still there. Also, I think the fsi setup is a bit different from tsi. All the vibration threads I found was tsi with intake.

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
I am running the cts intake but it was fine before the tune. Actually when I got the tune done, they gave me a prototype heat shield and installed it for me. At first I thought the heat shield was the issue, so I got them to remove it today. But the vibration is still there. Also, I think the fsi setup is a bit different from tsi. All the vibration threads I found was tsi with intake.

I had it also. It's your tube resting on top or really close to the brake reservoir cap. FSI and TSI both have the exact same problem with A/M intakes.

ahuang1983

Kanoneweiß
Sorry what does it look like.

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
No problem, it's at the 90* bend in your intake tract. (below) The intake pipe rests on it and vibes through your brake pedal.
Easy fix! Just loosen the clamps at both ends and pull up slightly on the pipe. Be sure to leave a couple fingers clearance between the pipe and the cap.

PM me your cell and I'll send you a couple pics if you want.

menios80

Ready to race!
Sorry what does it look like.

This is the place the metalic brake lines..if you see in the second photo mine was scratched from the intake..and i had the same problem..

Στάλθηκε; από το; GT-I9300 μο;υ; χρησιμο;πο;ιώντας Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358972839202.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358972839202.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 335
  • uploadfromtaptalk1358972865087.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358972865087.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 310

ahuang1983

Kanoneweiß
Thanks guys! Ill try it out tonight!

Bino

Go Kart Champion
I had the same issue with my ape stage 1 and 2 pipe. I checked all my clearances and it went away. You should be fine after the small adjustment.

ahuang1983

Kanoneweiß
Thanks guys! Its fixed now! We should sticky this for tsi/tsi people with aftermarket intake!