GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Me vs M5!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkCloak

Banned
Before you make some more mildly inaacurate guesses as to
Whats happening think how the gearing works and whats its limitations might be in overall scheme of things

This thread makes the flying spaghetti monsters noodly appendage limper than usual

gearing???? Wow, you are stupid. These cars are not nearly fast enough to be gear limited in the quarter mile. That takes specialty transmissions for dedicated drag cars.

Better launches = potential better 60 ft times however those can be deceiving of a bad launch as excessive wheelspin can give the illusion of a better launch. That is most likely what you are referring too. I will contend that a lower et does not always equal a better trap speed but there is an extremely strong correlation.

A bad launch = wasted energy.

Better launch = better 660 feet times with you getting through the first two gears over a shorter time. Guess what you are at 3rd gear quicker due to the better launch. 60' times mean nothing to me on street tires. They can be misleading. 660' is a better indicator. My 660' et always correlates to a higher trap speed.

If you have a better launch you will certainly have a better 330' time and be at a higher mph at the 330' marker. This will result in a higher 660' mph and then a higher 1320' mph.

To say that a bad fucked up launch will get you a higher trap is just ludicrously stupid. Great launches equate to better et and better trap speeds. This is drag racing 101.

I am done posting in this thread as clearly you are irrepairrably stupid.

Last edited:

Vasher

Passed Driver's Ed
The ignorance and stupidity (yes, this time I said "stupidity") exemplified in this thread are far beyond reconciliation. I concede, lest I be dragged down to condenscension by those less fortunate/intelligent.

The fact remains that less traction off the line will yield a higher et, but superficially higher trap.

The apes have one this one, but only by superior banana tossing. Had this been an argument of brains or braun, intelligent man would have over come via empirical fact and indomitable arm wrestling skills thanks to the opposable thumb.

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
Koa claims

"Actually YES. See below. And my sample size is over 200 passes at the track with my own car, and probably 1,000s of passes witnessed in person of my friend's cars and other cars I've raced, that was just the most recent time I used."

If that is true which I doubt he would still have hundreds of passes and witnessed thousands. He is either painfully unobservant, stupid, or ignorant of basic physics. I suspect a combination is most likely.

Perhaps you should explain to me how a inferior launch will allow you to reach a higher trap speed. I am all ears!!! Or eyes as I am on a computer.

gearing???? Wow, you are stupid. These cars are not nearly fast enough to be gear limited in the quarter mile. That takes specialty transmissions for dedicated drag cars.

Better launches = potential better 60 ft times however those can be deceiving of a bad launch as excessive wheelspin can give the illusion of a better launch. That is most likely what you are referring too. I will contend that a lower et does not always equal a better trap speed but there is an extremely strong correlation.

Better launch = better 660 feet times with you getting through the first two gears over a shorter time. Guess what you are at 3rd gear quicker due to the better launch. 60' times mean nothing to me on street tires. They can be misleading. 660' is a better indicator. My 660' et always correlates to a higher trap speed.

If you have a better launch you will certainly have a better 330' time and be at a higher mph at the 330' marker. This will result in a higher 660' mph and then a higher 1320' mph.

To say that a bad fucked up launch will get you a higher trap is just ludicrously stupid. Great launches equate to better et and better trap speeds. This is drag racing 101.

Your ignorance and arrogance is only trumped by your stupidity and inability to understand basic concepts of physics.

HINT: He wasn't talking about being gearing limited. Go forth my child, and learn the world on your own.

Sspcivic31

Drag Race Newbie

60' is not misleading.
If you were half as smart as you think we are dumb, you would get this.

you need to look at the whole system from launch to the top of the track. i think your big fail here is you seem to think that acceleration is constant or somehow increasing towards the end of the track. its not. its decreasing.
My point here is if you measured the G forces from launch to finish they would be tapering off.

gearing is fixed. by fixed i mean that it isnt going to change while the car is in motion. we will assume for this that the redline of the engine is not exceeded. the gearing makes torque multiplication happenen. the gear ratios and engine redline dictate how fast in each gear the car can go.

a stock car and a modded one go the exact same speed in each gear assuming tire size and engine rpm are the same. the difference is he modded car makes more torque which is then multiplied thru the gears to achieve even higher wheel torque. that is why the car accelerates quicker. its creating more force.

at some point i guess we should delineate what is acceleration and what is velocity, but that seems like its way past the scope of you getting it since you have them hopelessly confused already.

so back to our on topic off topic biopic here in a bit.
i am going to the store and do some non interwebz stuff for a while while you fume and stare with a cocked head at the screen.;)

Csg_r

Ready to race!
It is hilarious to see some ppl here thinking gti with k04 turbo is god like. Lol. As car enthusiasts, we all want to relieve our cars are awesome but come on... Get real

DarkCloak

Banned
So I watched drag racing last weekend NHRA and the weirdest thing happened. Every car that had a lower et had higher trap speed. Even the hole shot victory this was true.

Sspcivic31

Drag Race Newbie
So I watched drag racing last weekend NHRA and the weirdest thing happened. Every car that had a lower et had higher trap speed. Even the hole shot victory this was true.

Wow. so tell us oh wise oracle of all useless knowledge, were they faster than an m5 from a roll?

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
I like how the mustang owner posts all over every thread on this forum that gives credit to a K04 GTI.

Why don't you spend time on mustang forums instead of trying to tease people with less than half your displacement?

Exactly why I love crushing V8s.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.