Ready to race!
I ordered my GTI today.

2 Door Candy White
DSG
Autobahn
Bi Xenon
18" Detroit Rims
Navigation

I do not know the price. I do not know when it will arrive.

Any other US or Canadian residents order an mkvi yet?

Alex.

Ready to race!
I think DSG is most important, I just couldn't resist the other options. Do you know when they are coming? or how much it will be? I hear they are coming to Texas first, lucky for you.

Luis G

Drives: GTI MKIV on order

I think you make a mistake on the car you drive, you ordered an MKVI right?

krische

vdubber in training
Yeah I got a call from a local dealer last week saying they will be ordering their MK6's and he wanted to know if I want one custom. Unfortunately had to say no since I can't afford it right now.

It seems it must be across the whole US that can start ordering them now. I'd imagine it'll be at least a month till the show up. September is a safe bet I think.

Alex.

Ready to race!
I am thinking more like November, because that is when they dealer will get their stock. Although I think the dealers may get show cars in October.

krische

vdubber in training
Do we know where the US ones are being manufactured?

Alex.

Ready to race!
The dealership where I ordered my car said they will be manufactured in Germany. :happyanim:

krische

vdubber in training
Oh boy, you worried about the germans building your car during oktoberfest?

Alex.

Ready to race!
It is shipping that takes a really long time. I live in Seattle, and according to my dealer, for their cars to get shipped from Aburn (a city 20 minutes away) to Seattle takes more than a week.

Luis G

Passed Driver's Ed
Dealer said Oct. Nov. time frame. No word on the price Yet. Dealer said around 27K for mine. Based on MKV.

krische

vdubber in training
Hmm. So if they are built in Germany, I'd imagine they will be shipped by boat to the US. Then by train across the US. So I wonder if dealers on the East Coast would be seeing theirs much sooner than those on the West Coast.