GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 GTI has arrived!!

NotMoneyGuy

Ready to race!
Drove a DSG MK7 GTI this morning solo(!!) with my son going from Pfaff on Leslie down the 404 stretching its legs, and across Wellington, up Bayview, across Mulock. Sweet!

Taut, quick, fast LOL and strong brakes.

I am so in for the coming Performance Package version, or the '16 R.

Last edited:

Artysta

Ready to race!
Drove a DSG MK7 GTI this morning solo(!!) with my son going from Pfaff on Leslie down the 404 stretching its legs, and across Wellington, up Bayview, across Mulock. Sweet!

Taut, quick, fast LOL and strong brakes.

I am so in for the coming Performance Package version, or the '16 R.

IMO the exterior is a big upgrade, the mk6 sitting next to the mk7 looks cute especially with those led's

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
Definitely a more aggressive front end. Fawk I love those new DRL's. Running the strakes over the fogs is a nice improvement too. :thumbsup: The R can't arrive soon enough for me!

mimovan

I know all North American GTI are supposed to be coming from Mexico but since that one landed in Halifax, any idea if it was German made? It would be in the vin starting with WVW if from Germany

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

forwardlean

Go Kart Champion
I saw one of these go past me the other way on Consumers in Whitby. It was black. It looked really stealth. I for certainly won't be getting one of these, but it looked nice rolling. Definitely lower than the MK6

fredf

Go Kart Champion
I know all North American GTI are supposed to be coming from Mexico but since that one landed in Halifax, any idea if it was German made? It would be in the vin starting with WVW if from Germany

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Huh? You think they made one in Germany just for the Halifax market?

Hakuna_Matata

Passed Driver's Ed
I love the interior specially at night, the running red LED light by the door step. Great great car, amongst the vehicles I test drove A3 2015, WRX and ford ST. I am pleased to have chosen MK7.

Not a fan of my stock tires. Soon some PSS will be slapped on dem 18's.

Last edited:

Powling

Ready to race!
I love the interior specially at night, the running red LED light by the door step. Great great car, amongst the vehicles I test drove A3 2015, WRX and ford ST. I am pleased to have chosen MK7.

Not a fan of my stock tires. Soon some PSS will be slapped on dem 18's.

I was also looking at a 2015 A3 but no MT available was the deal breaker for me unfortunately.

Powling

Ready to race!
I was not impressed as they all look the same. A3 looks like it copied its curves and eges from A7. I wish they never stopped making hatches.

A hatch A3 would be nice again, but I actually prefer the sedan look of the new A3. The size reminds me of the B5 A4's and Quattro in a smaller car would be fun too.

At the end of the day, I shopped around A LOT and decided to get another GTI because there is nothing out there that offers what the GTI has for the price. If I wasn't such a stickler for a manual transmission it would have been a different story.

fredf

Go Kart Champion
I used to feel the same way about manual transmissions. But the more I read about how good the DSG is, the more I think I would get the DSG if I were to buy another GTI.

Powling

Ready to race!
I used to feel the same way about manual transmissions. But the more I read about how good the DSG is, the more I think I would get the DSG if I were to buy another GTI.

Everyone that I talk to who owns a DSG seems to like them. I've always told myself that if I were in the position to own two cars (a commuter and a fun weekend car) I'd have an automatic commuter car and a manual weekend car. But since that isn't feasible for me right now, I chose fun over convince. Haha