GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 GTI has arrived!!

nik

Go Kart Champion
I saw one of these go past me the other way on Consumers in Whitby. It was black. It looked really stealth. I for certainly won't be getting one of these, but it looked nice rolling. Definitely lower than the MK6

Must be a euro spec model or first run from Mexico located at the HQ in Ajax/Whitby like the golf cabriolet they had a while back.

Sent from the crapper using Fapatalk

Artysta

Ready to race!
Just got the word that my car will be ready tomorrow afternoon :D but i was also informed that they could not tint that little triangular window beside the sideview mirrors because its not enough space for your hands to go in and reach.... anyone else who has received their mk7 and has had their windows tinted ran into the same issue??? Kinda a bummer:(

Hakuna_Matata

Passed Driver's Ed
So today, I tested MK7's potential. Man oh Man, I must admit that the sport suspension handles well, the car sticks to the road, the TURBO kicks in immediately insanely responsive (unsure what stock psi is).

The interior is far superior and the fender music system is incredible. Probably, the best music system I have heard in ages.

This is exactly what I wanted. DSG all the way.

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
APR posted on Facebook today that stage 2 with intake, downpipe, and exhaust is officially at appx 340hp and 360ft/lbs......these are official numbers on the Euro Skoda Octavia VRS, that car has the exact engine that's in the NA gti, minus the multi-port injection, which has no effect on power output.

Go find the post on their Facebook page and read through the comments and especially APR's replies to them. Lots of exciting news on the true potential of these new gen 3 EA888's....

These cars are turning out to have serious beast potential. Holy crap I can't wait for the R!!!

Somebody post that pic properly for me please. Stoopid ipad.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 154

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
While the new gen 3 EA888 series motors are easily tunable, have we heard anything about the decontented version for the US.

Last I heard, tuning for the NA motors are closer to current Second gen motors due to no valvelift and multiport injection. Lots of potential though.

I'm going to have to check into that.

r_dub

Ready to race!
Just got the word that my car will be ready tomorrow afternoon :D but i was also informed that they could not tint that little triangular window beside the sideview mirrors because its not enough space for your hands to go in and reach.... anyone else who has received their mk7 and has had their windows tinted ran into the same issue??? Kinda a bummer:(

I went for test drive last week and the guys at VW Waterloo told me the same thing about the triangle window.

Powling

Ready to race!
I went for test drive last week and the guys at VW Waterloo told me the same thing about the triangle window.

Ditto, my dealer let me know that if I wanted to get the tinting done that this wouldn't be done as well.

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
They can definitely fit a finger in there. It's not THAT small. It's typical size for cars with that design. A professional tint guy should able to do it.

Artysta

Ready to race!
I looked around and it seems everyone has had the same issue. One option would be to have it tinted from the outside, but I think it might looks weird and it won't last the winter.

MrBanananana

Ready to race!
My parents' 01 chevrolet cavalier started leaking oil recently, so they decided they wanted to trade it in for a new mk7 golf. Going with them to the dealer this weekend to check it out. There have been a lot of posts about the mk7 gti, anyone have any experience with the 1.8L with the auto?

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
While the new gen 3 EA888 series motors are easily tunable, have we heard anything about the decontented version for the US.

Last I heard, tuning for the NA motors are closer to current Second gen motors due to no valvelift and multiport injection. Lots of potential though.

I'm going to have to check into that.

Not sure about valve lift, it didn't come up in the Facebook comments, but according to the APR replies, the lack of multi-port injection has no affect on power output when tuning. They said they fully expect NA numbers to match, or at the very least, closely resemble their European equivalents.

STING

Ready to race!
laminx it on the outside ;)

Artysta

Ready to race!
Just picked it up from the dealership this afternoon. Can't even tell that the little triangle isn't tinted from the outside; so im just gonna leave it. The car looks and drives great! I know I kinda nagged about the interior in one of my other posts, but after being behind the wheel for couple hours I have fallen in love with it especially at night. I'm really diggin the white gauges, illuminated lights and the red glowing accent strips on the doors. Overall the interior and exterior imo are an evolution over the mk6.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Not sure about valve lift, it didn't come up in the Facebook comments, but according to the APR replies, the lack of multi-port injection has no affect on power output when tuning. They said they fully expect NA numbers to match, or at the very least, closely resemble their European equivalents.

Valvelift has a lot to do with it. There are certain things you could do with multiport injection, but the ratios all remain the same from a combustion standpoint.

Most of it is the VTC.