GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk6 Wheel/Fitment Info Thread!

gsxrr7

Do the Mambo wheels from a jetta fit on our gti? If I'm not mistaken, they are 16x6.5 +50 5x112. Not sure if it'll clear the brakes.

Pic:

jordy6

Passed Driver's Ed
Do the Mambo wheels from a jetta fit on our gti? If I'm not mistaken, they are 16x6.5 +50 5x112. Not sure if it'll clear the brakes.

Pic:

I don't think a 16" will clear the brakes on a gti, oem my tdi came with 16" and that fitted only just, gti brakes are obviously much bigger

jordy6

Passed Driver's Ed
what kind of tire..i had 235/45/18 on 18x8 et 45 and my fenders had to get pulled quite a bit...you'd probably need some absurdly unsafe size tire to get that to fit.

235 is quite wide for an 8" wide wheel, usually 225 is used but 215 is also save. Also 45 sidewall for an 18" wheel is too much for a golf, 40 is the right size, your speedometer and mileage meter will be off

gsxrr7

I don't think a 16" will clear the brakes on a gti, oem my tdi came with 16" and that fitted only just, gti brakes are obviously much bigger

Are you saying that ANY 16" wheel will not fit? or are you referring to this wheel specifically (offset too high?)?

I'm confused, because from searching around it looks like 16x6.5 or 16x7 will fit on our cars, no?

ahard48

Ready to race!

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
I found an incredible deal on a set of Gramlights.

18x9.5 et22 - is this going to be super cambered? I’m static.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lolagti

I found an incredible deal on a set of Gramlights.

18x9.5 et22 - is this going to be super cambered? I’m static.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey bro. I'm no expert here but I currently run a set of AMG wheels from a mercedes. Front is 18x8.5 et 45 and fits pretty snug without any rubbing. Rear are 18x9.5 et 45 and required quite a bit of camber not to rub. Cant tell you the exact alignment settings as I purchased it this way but I am running h&r super sports. With that in mind, given the width and the et 22 of your wheels, you will require some aggressive settings to make those fit especially in the front. Hope my little 2 cents helps. I'm actually in the process of changing wheels to get away from the aggressive camber settings.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Why did you get 235/45/18? Thats the wrong size and is super tall compaired to 225/40/18. Makes sense that you had to pull your fenders.

It's only 8mm taller. And because I still wanted good ride quality.

avni

Ready to race!
Hey bro. I'm no expert here but I currently run a set of AMG wheels from a mercedes. Front is 18x8.5 et 45 and fits pretty snug without any rubbing. Rear are 18x9.5 et 45 and required quite a bit of camber not to rub. Cant tell you the exact alignment settings as I purchased it this way but I am running h&r super sports. With that in mind, given the width and the et 22 of your wheels, you will require some aggressive settings to make those fit especially in the front. Hope my little 2 cents helps. I'm actually in the process of changing wheels to get away from the aggressive camber settings.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Lola i would absolutely love to see how your golf looks :)