GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

planning ahead...

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
I would sell my car whole, parting it out would take me a year.

Your car entered the "priceless" realm about 2 years ago when you took modding to the next level :laugh:

zrickety

The Fixer
I'm pretty sure I wont be able to trade this in now since it might be of questionable street legality...I could part this thing out, but the market for mk6 parts is dwindling a bit and I'm not sure it would be worth the time and money to get these parts off. Anyone have any stories or thoughts? Anyone want to buy my car ;-) ?
I don't see anything in your mods that aren't street legal. I also wouldn't bother parting out. You can expect pricing of a similar stock car, but the mods don't lower the value. K04 is a big plus too. I bought my car similarly modded from a friend, he was going to trade it in as is, they offered him stock money for it.

pashley

Ready to race!
I know that I wont get any return on investment in the mods when selling...I'm ok with that. I see that money as money spent on fun and excitement, sort of like a vacation. By the time I sell, I will have enjoyed my k04 for 4 years and I'm ok with that experience having cost me the 2K I spent on it. But will a dealership even take my car on trade in? Would they take it and then just return it to stock themselves? Anyone with dealership experience know how this works?

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
If you've got 7K worth of mods on your ride, throw it up for sale on a site like this one for a little over book value...which is probably nowhere near what a dealer would give you. In fact, they're going to offer a decent chunk less than book value.

Selling it here you might find someone that will see some "value" in buying your ride "as is" a little over book value as they will appreciate (and understand) the modifications that you've put into it. If you go the Autotrader, Carfax or Craigslist route, you're opening it up to the general population...the majority of which DGAF that it has a bigger turbo or upgraded intake/intercooler or whatever...

This is assuming you don't want to spend the time and effort in parting it out because without a doubt, that's the way to go that will net you the biggest return. What I said above is probably the next best approach.