GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who has the highest mileage on their 2012-2013 Golf R?

Predatorbird

Ready to race!
I'm catching up to him, just hit 85K and 82K of those miles are at stage 2+, all APR hardware and tune with flap delete. I carbon clean every 35-40K and oil change every 3K and drive it like I stole it daily.
What are you doing for carbon cleaning? How much are you paying? I'm at 70K and been stage 2+ for 5k miles...

ferrariF601

Ready to race!
bringing this back from the dead
how's everyone's HIGH mileage coming??

any issues that i should look for into B4 buying a HIGH mileage golf Rcar? and if so what are the things that break the most on these cars and stuff that reguires regular maintenance in order to prevent stuff from breaking?

thanks

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
I'm set to crack 120k this week.

For me, it's only been the clutch that failed earlier than I would expect. Everything else has just been regular maintenance/wear items.

ferrariF601

Ready to race!
I'm set to crack 120k this week.

For me, it's only been the clutch that failed earlier than I would expect. Everything else has just been regular maintenance/wear items.

PM sent

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
bringing this back from the dead
how's everyone's HIGH mileage coming??

any issues that i should look for into B4 buying a HIGH mileage golf Rcar? and if so what are the things that break the most on these cars and stuff that reguires regular maintenance in order to prevent stuff from breaking?

thanks

Might want to make sure timing belt or carbon cleaning has been done. Also, verify haldex has been serviced. Prop shaft coupler aka giubo might need to be replaced if rubber is cracked. Cam follower should be checked right away if you do end up getting one and you should keep your eye on it if you get tuned.

ferrariF601

Ready to race!
Might want to make sure timing belt or carbon cleaning has been done. Also, verify haldex has been serviced. Prop shaft coupler aka giubo might need to be replaced if rubber is cracked. Cam follower should be checked right away if you do end up getting one and you should keep your eye on it if you get tuned.

thanks for teh heads up about teh giubo coupler........did you have yours replaced due to rubber cracking??

also what mileage are you on your car now??

thx

Rolling_GTI

Ready to race!
High mileage. ROFL, you guys are mostly barely past warranty, just broke in the engine.

If you worry about a drivetrain at under 100K, either you worry too much or that drivetrain is garbage

MKJBM05

Passed Driver's Ed
Just hit 48k, stage 2+ still on stock clutch. Convert cam follower to roller mod and been running great for the last 10k miles.

Yesterday dipstick broke on me when checking the oil. Thinking about ordering ECS billet stick to avoid oem one breaking on me again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpecterXP

94k, stage 2+.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

JetTurbo

geezer
2012 - 170,000 miles