GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

To those with the Neuspeed P-Flo, what are your thoughts on it?

JSwag420

Ready to race!
I installed a Neuspeed P-Flo air intake recently and I've been very on edge about it. Even with an ECU tune, it still feels like I've lost a lot of low-end torque. When I'm driving in D and I really step on it, I feel like it hesitates more than it would have with the stock airbox. I'm also very surprised by the sucking sound it makes when you get on the gas at a low RPM. The sucking sound is almost louder than the engine and exhaust noise. Once it picks up and gets around 3.5k-4k RPMs, it quiets down and the exhaust and turbo noise takes over. I tend to drive in manual mode or sport mode now just to avoid hearing that initial build-up of air being taken in. I did however notice that it really pulls in the higher RPM range now. To those with it, what are your thoughts on it?

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Interested as well since it's one of few if not only cai with carb number.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

sneedfeed

Passed Driver's Ed
+1 was about to buy one but I'm sketched out now lol.

sonomajoe12

Ive got it and don’t feel like I’ve lost any low end torque. I had Neuspeed Power Module before, which sounded great paired with the P flo intake. My Cobb access port comes tomorrow, so I’ll see how the p flo matches with stage 1+ stock maf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sonomajoe12

flygti98

+1 was about to buy one but I'm sketched out now lol.

Well quality of it is amazing. Fitment is perfect. Looks nice. It’s defo doing what’s it supposed to because my DV is shreaking which I’m about to replace. I guess it’s just a very loud intake.

Noodle1

Ready to race!
if you want a quieter intake get a carbonio, I have one for sale

brobst

Go Kart Champion
I love the sound. I've had it for about 40k miles. On k04 it really sucks in air. Definitely a louder intake. Easy to install. Carb compliant. Only thing is the filter gets dirty easier because open element

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

JSwag420

Ready to race!
I love the sound. I've had it for about 40k miles. On k04 it really sucks in air. Definitely a louder intake. Easy to install. Carb compliant. Only thing is the filter gets dirty easier because open element

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yep I second that, I got the non-oiled white one which I regret. Will be getting one of those k&n water resistant covers soon to help keep clean.

sneedfeed

Passed Driver's Ed
Yep I second that, I got the non-oiled white one which I regret. Will be getting one of those k&n water resistant covers soon to help keep clean.

Lol thanks for that I was going to get the dry one but you reminded me its always raining in south Florida I'm going for the oiled one.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
welcome to the world of open air intakes. They make noises. lol

Paytrose

Ready to race!
Not really sure what your concern is but I’ve had one for 30k and car still runs fine. Haven’t had any issues with it.

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
I installed a Neuspeed P-Flo air intake recently and I've been very on edge about it. Even with an ECU tune, it still feels like I've lost a lot of low-end torque. When I'm driving in D and I really step on it, I feel like it hesitates more than it would have with the stock airbox. I'm also very surprised by the sucking sound it makes when you get on the gas at a low RPM. The sucking sound is almost louder than the engine and exhaust noise. Once it picks up and gets around 3.5k-4k RPMs, it quiets down and the exhaust and turbo noise takes over. I tend to drive in manual mode or sport mode now just to avoid hearing that initial build-up of air being taken in. I did however notice that it really pulls in the higher RPM range now. To those with it, what are your thoughts on it?

I experienced the same thing. I live in L.A., so I'm in stop and go traffic about 75% of my time. The low end was really bad for me. While I did feel a increase in power once I got up to speed at 60+, the low end when driving around town or in traffic is terrible. I took it off after 1 week. I ended up finding a Modshack intake and the car felt much better. Although it was much quieter compare to Neuspeed, I rather have better low end torque than more noise.