GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Riceburner goes from MK7 to MK6 K04...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
got the boot from redlinegoods custom made and a manual shifter base off ebay!

oh and the knob is from BFI of course. And i custom made the leather shifter base surround haha

riceburner

Autocross Champion
MVIMG_20180112_155316 (Custom).jpg

MVIMG_20180114_120047 (Custom).jpg

IMG_20180114_120117 (Custom).jpg

MVIMG_20180114_120134 (Custom).jpg

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Will we be seeing some rennline door handles to match all that red [emoji102] looks good [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
thanks! I've thought about those door pulls; touch choice, not sure if i actually want them as door handles; spending $20 on similar porsche pulls on ebay for some seat pulls did the trick just fine for now haha. might do the same for my under seat storage or something up front.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
finally did my steering wrap. huge pain in the rear; my airbag simply would not unmount no matter what i did with the clips so had to do my best with the trim on and all that. all in all though didn't actually take all that long, for my first time trying it i'm actually pretty pleased with the result.

now to see if it stands the test of time... fabricwise, stitch wise..

IMG_20180118_173124 (Custom).jpg

MVIMG_20180118_173134 (Custom).jpg

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Looks way better than the shit job I did lolol. Just took mine off because it was pissing me off. Gonna order another one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
lol ^ what was wrong, just bad stitch job? i'm curious how long the fabric will last. also, this thread is SUPER slippery, i could not even keep it knotted on my needle. it would just undo itself. I was going 'wtf adam can you knot?!' haha

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
lol ^ what was wrong, just bad stitch job? i'm curious how long the fabric will last. also, this thread is SUPER slippery, i could not even keep it knotted on my needle. it would just undo itself. I was going 'wtf adam can you knot?!' haha

Yeah I did it badly. Shit wasn't lined up. That kind of thing [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Just left Midas for a few things, anyone have input?

Car shakes at 80 mph. Additionally hear a fast constant 'thump-thump-thump' as I go along which was making me suspect hubs or something to that effect. Tires aren't bad, wheels are hopefully not bent? Wtf lol

Also turns out my app catback I had a shop install didn't well a slip sleeve on as I asked them to (mating 3” to 2.5" midpipe) so they welded that shit.

Changed oil with motul, also put in motul friction reducer additive and motul fuel additive for the racecar.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Just left Midas for a few things, anyone have input?

Car shakes at 80 mph. Additionally hear a fast constant 'thump-thump-thump' as I go along which was making me suspect hubs or something to that effect. Tires aren't bad, wheels are hopefully not bent? Wtf lol

Also turns out my app catback I had a shop install didn't well a slip sleeve on as I asked them to (mating 3” to 2.5" midpipe) so they welded that shit.

Changed oil with motul, also put in motul friction reducer additive and motul fuel additive for the racecar.

Sounds like a bent wheel to me.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Maybe nitto tires are poorly balanced (I.e., too much rubber in some spots and not enough in others)? They are cheap.

Could be bent wheel... I get the symptoms as slow as 20-30 mph when I hear the noise. Only shakes at like 80mph.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I'd skip the jack of all trades master of none Midas shop & head to a good tire store. I have had very good luck with Discount Tire.