GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lowering Springs?

jrgxc06

I'm recently new to the Volkswagen scene, so I'm a noob. I'm driving a 2012 Gti and was looking to lowering it, I'm not looking for a ridiculous low. Just curious what are the best lowering springs?

Jarred767

Ready to race!
New and interested too, although I doubt I'll get around to it before winter, so probably just do it in the spring. Never lowered a car, but is it fairly easy to go back and forth to the stock ones when I go in "winter mode". Coilovers sound easier for adjusting, but probably not necessary for me.

Roctre

Ready to race!
New and interested too, although I doubt I'll get around to it before winter, so probably just do it in the spring. Never lowered a car, but is it fairly easy to go back and forth to the stock ones when I go in "winter mode". Coilovers sound easier for adjusting, but probably not necessary for me.

I daily drive on vwr springs and im in michigan and have no trouble getting around during winter.

ahard48

Ready to race!
Yea I don't think you really need to swap back to stock suspension for the winter. Lowering springs should affect your winter driving too much.

Jarred767

Ready to race!
I daily drive on vwr springs and im in michigan and have no trouble getting around during winter.

Yea I don't think you really need to swap back to stock suspension for the winter. Lowering springs should affect your winter driving too much.

Cool thanks guys! That's awesome to hear, if you get around fine in Michigan, I feel a lot more comfortable just doing it and leaving it.

Sounds like vwr or dg are the best options, but since my new ride is about to hit 100k, I'll probably save up, do it in the spring, and get new shocks/struts at the same time.

ExcelerateRep1

Go Kart Champion
What do you expect from the lowering springs? I like the Eibach pro kit because it rides will and always performs well for a reasonable price.

If you want the best of the best, check out MSS. Comfort and Performance in one package.

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
Are eibach any good? What would you guys prefer H&R or eibach?

It depends on your shocks. H&Rs are progressive-rate, so they'll bounce a lot if you pair them with OEM or OE replacements. The Eibachs are static-rate, and they work better with stock shocks.

I'm running Koni FSD shocks on my R, and I started off with H&R springs. They bounced too much, so I switched to VWR (manufactured by Eibach) and I'm happy with the setup.

If you're on performance shocks like Koni Yellow or Bilsteins, either spring should be fine. If you're on stock, go with the Eibachs.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
The Eibachs are static-rate, and they work better with stock shocks.

NO...the Eibachs, Pro Kit & Sportline spring kits, for the MK6 GTI are progressive

But DO pair up lowering springs with aftermarket dampers for the best results.