GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Locked up engine

josueleon89

Passed Driver's Ed
Does any one knows of a video on how to remove engine from 2010 gti? And what would be the best cheapest diagnostic code reader For vw ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OEMPL+S

Go Kart Newbie
For a code reader: OBD eleven .... And buy the app as well .... Or just get it scanned at a pro shop

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

josueleon89

Passed Driver's Ed
For a code reader: OBD eleven .... And buy the app as well .... Or just get it scanned at a pro shop

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Not just for codes reader, I need one that will diagnose any problem with my car.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Just get Vagcom.

Uberryan

Banned
I would highly recommend having a professional do this repair. As far as video DIYs on how to remove a Golf R engine, I think you're out of luck, although self explanatory. You'll need to support the engine from underneath with either a hoist or jack, properly cap off or drain coolant and oil feeds and remove from block. Unbolt transmission case and internals from the block, then do mounts last. Obviously it's way more complicated than this brief description, and requires a good idea of how everything works and where everything is placed. To do this in my own personal garage would probably take a week(s) just to get the thing out of there. A shop would have it out in a day or two.

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
The engine had oil, always check it every month.

Being as little as 1 quart low caused my low oil emergency warning to beep at me during hard turns in an autocross run. I wouldn't rule out high-RPM oil starvation if you were going around a corner on an offramp. If that's the case the motor is toast.

I went all thru the red line for about 3 to 7 seconds.
First, do you mean all the way through redline as in showing 8k RPM? How did you keep your foot on the gas for that long without noticing?

And after that, the engine cut off. My engine it's stock. I have not touched the rev limiter.
If you haven't touched the rev limiter, it should never exceed 6800 or 7100 RPM depending on the factory rev limiter. If you saw something beyond that, the only way it could get there is if you money-shifted into too low of a gear and just haven't told us that yet.

See if my car was just sitting at the house iddiling and I would floor it by mistake it will only go to probably 3500 rpms or so. It will not go all the way to the red line. But if I was on the highway and set it on neutral and floor it it would of go all the way to the red line
That's the factory ECU doing its job. No rev limiter will prevent the revs from going to the moon if you downshift into an inappropriately low gear. Honestly, that's the only thing that would make any sense at all here, but you haven't volunteered that story yet.

josueleon89

Passed Driver's Ed
Well I sure appreciated all the comments. Just wish me luck cause I bought an engine from ebay that cost $1700 which to me it's pretty cheap, 110k miles according to the guy, my main concern it's if the engine has been used really aggressive, but hopefully not, and swapping the engine this. Weekend, I noticed that it's pretty easy compare to a V8 crown Vic. Wires and confections and room wise.

josueleon89

Passed Driver's Ed
For those guys that are pro at VW u might me wondering why I dropped the tranny too, reason is that since my engine it's locked up, I had no way to turn the engine to unbolt the flywheel from the engine