GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Am I too old? :)

Csg_r

Ready to race!
I've had the R for a few months and I'm 26. To be honest I consider the car to be a grown up "hot hatch". I would want this car even if i was in my 40s along w/ my S4. In my search for my next daily driver I wanted something that was turbo and AWD. With those 2 things said, the first thing that came to my mind was a Subaru WRX/STI but the thought of seeing high school kids driving it everywhere was a turn off - So that's one of the main reasons I got the R, not to mention the interior spanks the hell out of the subaru and to me its 10x more comfy. It's a much better daily driver for my type of use.

100% agree with you as I traded my 13 sti hatch for R.

cdw631

:D
In her defense, she's been really good about it. Even though she doesn't like the style, says it's a 20 something car... she has said all along, "It's your car, you'll be driving it, get what you want." All with the roll of her eyes. ;)

My wife was the same way, thought the R was a little boyish, fought me up until I signed the papers. After 3 months of ownership and completing stage 2+ mods next week, she loves to drive the car every chance she gets.

She even liked driving it when I only had the B&B dp portion of the exhaust installed (sounded like a civic fart can north of 3.5K).

I will be 50 in October!