GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

lease question

mkressin

just had a few leasing questions.

since VW has the 349 sign and drive monthly lease for the 2010 GTI going on, is that pretty much the lowest price one can get?

i used an online lease calculator, using residual and MMF numbers that were relatively recent, that i found online. when i worked out the numbers, i saw that for a manual 4 door gti with dynaudio, xenon, and bluetooth as the only options, and a $2500 down payment, i could be paying around $290 a month with tax.

obviously, my state (ny)'s tax rate, along with various fees etc that would eat up my down payment would affect the monthly payment, but is it crazy to think that i could be paying <300 a month for a relatively stripped out gti?

nyte3k

Ready to race!
well i would assume one could get lower than the advertised lease rates if you negotiate the sticker price down.

I believe the sign-then-drive special is a "base" GTI... you could probably package it up relatively nicely and negotiate for maybe invoice or lower to come close to the advertised lease rates.

archie951

yes the ad is for a base model GTI. good luck getting it under invoice, here in CA they are marking them up $2500-$3000. Im a VW/HONDA employee and i was lucky enough to get mine for $300 under invoice price.

mkressin

if i wait 2-3 months, would getting it for invoice be a more realistic proposition?
i know ill have to do my fair share of legwork and traveling/communicating with dealers around ny.

my calculations were based on me getting it for invoice +$250ish, with the few options that i want, and the decent MMF and residual values that i saw.

if i go to a dealership, arent they just gonna say that $349 is the deal that VW is offering, so thats the lowest price i can get?

thanks in advance.

btw - anyone have current residual/mmf? i cant find them at all on vw and vw finance websites :(

ForkInBrain

Passed Driver's Ed
for a manual 4 door gti with dynaudio, xenon, and bluetooth as the only options, and a $2500 down payment, i could be paying around $290 a month with tax.

I'm sure you could find some, but I think most dealers like to order loaded cars. My dealer told me a GTI 4-door DSG or manual with only dynaudio, xenon would be a pain for them to sell. They always order 18"s and sunroof. I had to special order.

I have no clue what this means for a lease.

nyte3k

Ready to race!
yes the ad is for a base model GTI. good luck getting it under invoice, here in CA they are marking them up $2500-$3000. Im a VW/HONDA employee and i was lucky enough to get mine for $300 under invoice price.

how do they go about marking them up? Do they have their own sticker they print out? I couldn't imagine them telling someone a price higher than sticker, especially if that person probably built the car online and has a good idea of the vehicle's price.

Not sure how they're selling here, but one dealer had their own "red tag" sale on them. taking about $1,000 off the car without any negotiations.