GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

$22k for a 2010 gti?

fallengod

Passed Driver's Ed
I been shopping for a mk6 gti for a while and I'm debating if I should pull the trigger on this or not...

the 2010 GTI in question has 22k miles on it, it suppose to be in "like showroom condition" it has hid lights but no leather seats and only the 17" rims, but it also have an other set of aftermarket winter tires.

The $22k price is out the door price including shipping from MA up to the boarder near montreal. (car is 21300, dealer fee is $290, shipping is $300)

do you all think this is a good deal to bite on or I can do much better price on a 2010 gti?

to add: the car is a 4 door with DSG

Last edited:

lamb110

Go Kart Champion
Yea I paid $22,500 for my 2011.

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
My dealer has 2011 Autobahn (fully loaded) DSG 4-door with 17k miles that's certified pre owned (warranty to $60k miles) for $23,495.

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
Isn't OP in Canada? Wasn't the new price on the GTIs in Canada much higher than in the states? So maybe 22k is a good deal where OP is...

Edit: NEVERMIND. Reading fail. I see the car's coming from Massachusetts, so the discussions on US pricing do apply.

Pryme

Ready to race!
im glad to see these cars are holding their value, I paid 22k for my 2010 with 10,000 miles on it

rs999

Go Kart Champion
Try truecar.com and see the typical price ranges for cars selling in that area.

I used it to get an idea of what to offer (minus $500-1K) when I was shopping for my 2012.

Another place to check is autotrader.com to see what 2010's are going for.

fallengod

Passed Driver's Ed
yup i'm planning to import an GTI from the states to canada... since the price up here is way too much! a used 2011 with dsg and leather cost over $30k used with 22000km!

We also get tax up the ass here so an 22k car on the road in the usa will cost me around 27k cnd after everything is done due to the 6.1% duty + 13% HST.....

fallengod

Passed Driver's Ed
hmm from what i'm seeing.. alot of ppl here have the 2 door and the resell value on that seem to be much lower then the 4 door ( 2 door drop under 20k where as the 4 door hover around 21k on autotrader)

surrealchemist

Ready to race!
im glad to see these cars are holding their value, I paid 22k for my 2010 with 10,000 miles on it

My 2010 base model, with DSG and 18" wheels was totaled a couple weeks ago and thats about what I got from from the insurance company. I had about 14k miles on it.

So 22k sounds right to me cause that value included taxes and fees.