GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Got to drive the "R"!

jkm7385

Not really sure why you're saying GTI owners are jealous...I don't have an R or GTI (gf does) and it's kinda like my project car but I'm looking at an R purchase!

It's def 100% expensive for what it is but that's because we're not used to it. Is it worth it..YES and NO! One of the things no one has mentioned is why leather seats are mandatory, I wish base had euro R cloth seats! :)

pdxa4

Longtime VW/Audi owner
One of the things no one has mentioned is why leather seats are mandatory, I wish base had euro R cloth seats! :)

It is most likely to do with crash testing perhaps, I'm not 100% on how VW are bringing in the Golf-R with the feds, but I do know that cars with different interior trims also have to be crash tested separately.

On top of that having less options leaves it easier for VW to support this low volume model.

Personally I'm just happy that we have it here...Getting a car with AWD, Turbo engine, manual transmission, in a hatchback body, with a quality german interior is becoming almost impossible...

337RSR

Passed Driver's Ed
Which one of those is a 4 door hatchback (probably what many who bought an R wanted)??

New vs used cars (matters to some of us)??

Pretty sure most of us who have purchased this vehicle know what we wanted and paid to get it because it was worth it to us....;)

I love mine :happyanim:

I for one wants both a hatch and a manual so no brainer for me....:thumbsup:
You guys in US should be very happy to get the deal you got.:paddle:

Gard-GR2012

Had a chance to drive the Golf R about a month ago... It was a great experience. The car is very balance, very quick, extremely fun and engaging. As an overall package it is worth the asking price. Going back to my 08 GTI make me notice how different both cars are. Can't wait drive away in the Uber R this coming May. :)

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Countryman AWD Turbo was in one of the car mags, as tested price of like $36K and only 198hp.... definitely shows that the R is the much better vehicle against the mini being a more similar competition (also german, sharp handling, build quality, better mpg, etc) than the Japanese cars.