GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Weird Wind Noise ...

wenzor

I have had my MKVI 2 door, w/ DSG since Friday...took it on the freeway and I get a weird wind noise right at the window B-pillar...on the drivers side and the passenger side...windows are up on both doors....does anyone else have this issue?

tzd

Ready to race!
Yes it is a common problem with all MKVI. I have it on mine too, a hissing sound when traveling at a high speed, all windows and sunroof closed. Many people on the forum say that it went away after they brought it back to the dealer and adjusted the striker plate. I got mine adjusted once but the noise is still there. Will be bringing it back again for another adjustment.

r56mcs

Ready to race!
I thought I intermittently had the wind noise people complained about but realized it was the blowoff valve. Haven't had a turbo for 2 years and forgot about it...

moltenlava

I have the same air leak from the B pillar at the highway speed. Somewhat bothersome, but not severe enough to bring it in just for this problem. I'll tell them when I bring it in for 3000 miles inspection.

MikeWDFA

Had the same issue. Brought it in, they made an adjustment to the striker plate and now it's gone!

MK05-HJ09

Ready to race!