Overall Satisfaction

• Love it, perfect, no complaints

Votes: 38 92.7%
  • Wish I had gotten something else

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

rupertpupkin

Ready to race!
Now that they have been out for a while and hopefully accumluated some mileage I want to hear some feedback on these. Please list below what vehicle....hopefully Golf R, and current mods, mileage on the setup, if you replaced the DMF when doing it, etc. Really seems like a good kit for going more power without going to a SMF setup from DXD or CM where you have tradeoffs.

Looking for a solid upgrade that will last and hold tons of power while sounding and feeling OEM. I do not track and i drive my car everyday to and from work alot of times in stop and go traffic. I do like to romp on it when i can and regularly hit redline.

Vehicle:
Mileage when installed:
Mileage on kit now:
Current mods:
Would buy again?:
Compared to SB,CM,Sachs you previously owned:
Daily Driver? Do you Track?

Edit: I know it has been determined that this setup is basically a TTRS pressure plate and a Euro TDI Disc, I like OEM so seems like a solid solution...correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

rupertpupkin

Ready to race!
How ,many miles were on your stock DMF....trying to determine if i will need to replace mine when i do the clutch.

I have this clutch and would recommend it. I replaced my oem dmf at the same time. Turns out that was a good idea as mine was about toast. It is a tiny bit stiffer than stock, I mean barely noticeable. The engagement point is a tad lower as well.

rupertpupkin

Ready to race!
Any info on it, price specs etc? Anyone know how to tell is the DMF is going to be an issue or not ahead of time? Feel like it should be fine for a long time. my car has 20k miles.

Sachs SRE uses the DMFW and makes no more nvh over stock. The engagement point is also closer to the top which makes for quick shifts, plus they are the supplier of our OEM clutch.

TheMKVI

Go Kart Champion
Any info on it, price specs etc? Anyone know how to tell is the DMF is going to be an issue or not ahead of time? Feel like it should be fine for a long time. my car has 20k miles.

Lot's of people running DMFWs, I personally haven't seen a failure (but I haven't gone searching either).

Review: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68760

Clutch: http://www.sachsperformance.com/product_info.php?language=en&products_id=331

Remember to subtract 19% VAT when pricing the clutch, so that 471.95 Euro comes out to $523.34, shipping is about 60 Euro

rupertpupkin

Ready to race!
Thanks. Appreciate the links. Sounds like a good choice as well. I don't see any torque ratings....anyone know on the SRE?

Lot's of people running DMFWs, I personally haven't seen a failure (but I haven't gone searching either).

Review: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68760

Clutch: http://www.sachsperformance.com/product_info.php?language=en&products_id=331

Remember to subtract 19% VAT when pricing the clutch, so that 471.95 Euro comes out to $523.34, shipping is about 60 Euro

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I drove one on a Stage 3 R and was blown away. Feels like stock. incredible.

TheMKVI

Go Kart Champion
Thanks. Appreciate the links. Sounds like a good choice as well. I don't see any torque ratings....anyone know on the SRE?

530+nm (390lb/ft) with their SMFW
550+nm (405lb/ft) with their DMFW

Someone on here also contacted Sachs, according to Sachs they rate the clutch 10% lower than it will actually hold as a safety buffer. That's plenty for a K04 even.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

yeah. If I had known this was coming, I may have hung onto my GTI and done the K04 and clutch upgrade on that car. Seriously, I couldn't believe how quiet and smooth it was, and barely - if any - increased effort over stock.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Really? You dumped your GTI over lack of a smooth/quiet clutch for k04?

mostly smoothness/effort concerns, yes. I didn't want to feel like I was pushing a 80lb midget's head back under the seat with my leg in order to change gears. I have had carpal tunnel and forearm tendonitis surgery in the past and sit in fairly bad traffic for work.