GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So, I got a GTI...

czirrfb

Banned
I think i'll just go stage 1 then wait and pray I don't get clutch slipping or cylinder misfires soon after. But I will sat aside $1,500 JUST in case.....

BESIDES those 2 issues, what else should I worry about after going Stage 1? This VW is already giving me a headache after owning it for 3 days, but I should have expected this going German from Japanese.

Rules of buying a German car should be -

-Be prepared to have alot of issues.
-Be prepared to have to fix alot of issues.

Last edited:

mikeleemk6

Go Kart Champion
Your motor may blow up. Just kidding but you have to pay to play. Refer back to Noob's post about the money pit lol. And parts for this car don't come cheap as Honda parts do.

czirrfb

Banned
I don't think I understand the pay to play thing. You can get a japanese car thats equally as nice or nicer interior wise and much faster and more reliable. Like a Lexus. I think that German cars are just not made very well, or with cheap parts. Why else would things constantly be breaking?

At least that's the conclusion I have came to.

You can drive a civic to 200,000 miles with only changing the oil and having 0 issues the entire time.

czirrfb

Banned
Well it's too late now. I still owe $7,800 (plus interest) on it. I'm stuck for another 2yrs at least. But I do have another 2-3k coming from my attorney within a month so technically i'll owe 4-5k.

reshwitz

Ready to race!

czirrfb

Banned
Well either way the R8 ones are about $100 so it's not a bad mod IMO, i'll just get them so I can get that out of the way.

But OTHER than misfires and clutch slippage. What other things do I need to worry about when going APR Stage 1? So I can be prepared.

mikeleemk6

Go Kart Champion
Well it's too late now. I still owe $7,800 (plus interest) on it. I'm stuck for another 2yrs at least. But I do have another 2-3k coming from my attorney within a month so technically i'll owe 4-5k.

You will owe 4k on a 18,000 car? I dont think you would be too upside down but thats just my take. Do what makes you happy b/c that is what matters at the end of the day. These cars are pretty reliable if you leave them alone. Once you start modifying though things can happen. I started modding right away and never looked back, but I realize if something messes up as a result of something I have done, I have to be ready to foot the repair if warranty does not cover it. I have had my ECU replaced due to a bad sealing when getting flashed and I would still recommend this car to anyone.

czirrfb

Banned
Yes i'll owe 4k because I put 10k down and financed $7,800. The 10k I put down was the compensation money I got from the guy who hit me's insurance. Which I basically see as "free money" in a way and I have another 2-3k coming from my insurance.

So a 1 owner 2012 GTI with 50k miles for $7,800 is not bad at all IMO.

Only down side is I had to spend a week in the hospital and go without a car for 2 months. But geico paid off the Z (I only had it for 8 months and still owed 11k on it) and the Value was quoted at 12k from geico.

mikeleemk6

Go Kart Champion
Yes i'll owe 4k because I put 10k down and financed $7,800. The 10k I put down was the compensation money I got from the guy who hit me's insurance.

Exactly my point. If you want to get out, Im sure you could. But you could also be payment free very soon if you decide to keep.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Well either way the R8 ones are about $100 so it's not a bad mod IMO, i'll just get them so I can get that out of the way.

But OTHER than misfires and clutch slippage. What other things do I need to worry about when going APR Stage 1? So I can be prepared.

other than clutch and coil packs, thats really all you need to be worry about.