GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone Run Against Accord V6 Coupe?

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
My buddy's girl has an Accord V6 Coupe and its surprisingly quick. Anyone ever run against 1? I'm wondering what I could do vs it when I'm full bolt stock turbo on 93 pump gas (need intercooler still and catback). I think it would be close vs a stock Accord.

Also, anyone ever run a modded Accord V6 vs K04? I'm thinking that a full bolt Accord wouldn't be able to beat a K04 but I'm not sure. Like, it would need boost to beat a properly tuned K04 with full supporting mods.

Any input?

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
With Full bolt stock turbo 93 oct I wouldn't waste my time with those unless you want to be a bully. They're not that quick. Well that's if you go stage 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
I pulled on one at stage 2. He got the hit as I didn't know we were racing until I was about to pass him. We were doing around 50 when the race started.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
With Full bolt stock turbo 93 oct I wouldn't waste my time with those unless you want to be a bully. They're not that quick. Well that's if you go stage 2

I am stage 2 right now. The only benchmark I've got to go off of is my friends 9th gen Si, which is full bolt. I beat him and then I watched the Accord beat him and it almost looked like the Accord pulled away quicker but I'm not sure. The accord is 100% stock too. From what I hear... a full bolt newer accord can run 12's.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
I'm talking the newer, 9th gen ones.

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
No accord is pulling a properly done K04 car.

FF_animal

Ready to race!
A 2016 accord is rated at 278hp/252 tq with a curb weight of 3500 lbs

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!

iwannagofast

Not a Newbie
I was behind one weaving through traffic not that long ago. He was lowered with nice wheels and an exhaust, pretty good looking if you ask me. He hit an open stretch and gunned it, I caught him, went around him and pulled about a bus length up to 130 or so. I might have it on my dashcam, doubt it though since it's been a few weeks and probably got recorded over. It wasn't an official lined up race and it was only an Accord, so I didn't think to save it. I remember at the time thinking a Stage 2 GTI would have been quicker, but it's tough to judge considering I started from behind him and he took off first.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
people supercharge the v6 and get 350hp or so out of them pretty easily. but it's probably rare to run into on the street, especially from a newer one.

that being said, you can pull at stage 2. they're about as fast as a 350z/370z.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
A 2016 accord is rated at 278hp/252 tq with a curb weight of 3500 lbs

Wow that's juicy. But you figure a stage 2 GTI is 260/310 and 500-600 pounds lighter...

Not sure what kind of mods are available for that motor though. Would be narly if someone slapped a supercharger on that thing. Kudos for Honda for still offering it in a 6 speed manual too.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Wow that's juicy. But you figure a stage 2 GTI is 260/310 and 500-600 pounds lighter...

Not sure what kind of mods are available for that motor though. Would be narly if someone slapped a supercharger on that thing. Kudos for Honda for still offering it in a 6 speed manual too.

The 6-speed coupes are 3,400lbs. But the 9th gen v6 coupes are probably reallll close to stage 2 gti power. I didn't get a chance to see what they could do from a roll but my guess would be neck and neck.