GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

'06 STI?

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
Alright I need an opinion here..

What do you guys think would be the outcome of me (mods below but Stage 2) vs. a tuned '06 STI? I do not know the STI's exact mods, but it has full exhaust and a dynocomp sticker on it, so my guess is it's a stage 1.

I don't know how the 06 runs, seeing as even the 08 is a slow year.

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
most likely the STI will take you.. however not by alot.. i think it would be a decent race... from a dig he will eat you up! roll, that's another story.

also keep in mind that he is prolly stage 2. i think all you need is a TBE to go stage 2 on an STI. DON'T QUOTE ME ON THAT HOWEVER.

Todd@ECS

Ready to race!
Alright I need an opinion here..

What do you guys think would be the outcome of me (mods below but Stage 2) vs. a tuned '06 STI? I do not know the STI's exact mods, but it has full exhaust and a dynocomp sticker on it, so my guess is it's a stage 1.

I don't know how the 06 runs, seeing as even the 08 is a slow year.

that's a very difficult prediction to make without knowing the mods on the STI. Appearance wise it could just look like an exhaust but it could have other mods done and/or an AP tune or even a custom tune.

and for the '08 STI they're about the same amount of "fast" as an '06 STOCK but a stage 2 '08 STI is quicker than a stage 2 '06 STI. '06 was a little bit lighter but not that much to make a huge difference.

Todd@ECS

Ready to race!
most likely the STI will take you.. however not by alot.. i think it would be a decent race... from a dig he will eat you up! roll, that's another story.

also keep in mind that he is prolly stage 2. i think all you need is a TBE to go stage 2 on an STI. DON'T QUOTE ME ON THAT HOWEVER.

correct. STI can go stage 2 with a TBE and a tune.

DubbinDurim

Ready to race!
He will definitly pull you.

Stage 2 GTIs are on par with stock STIs.

Do you get much lag with just the twintercooler?

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
A stock STI will trap about 102 mph, and stage 2 will be around 105 mph. You'll get destroyed from a dig, but might be a good race from a 60+ roll.