GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Leather seats too hot?

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
Leather seats: swamp ass and back regardless of a/c or not, especially here in Las Vegas where the seats get to 1590435732 degrees Celsius...

+1

Every time i get out of my car I have a wet feeling back and asshole.

Totally worth the comfort and look though!

*also due to the fact I'm young and haven't experienced the years when plaid was cool and iconic, I find the interlagos option to be SERIOUSLY hard to look at. One of, if not the, worst looking interiors of any car I've seen. But that is fully my opinion, I understand and respect that it's iconic and some people fall in love with it, to each their own! :thumbsup:

red_dragon

Ready to race!
Those of you with swamp ass need to get yourselves so new under britches.

As for the leather in the car:

a) park in the shade
b) tint your windows
c) Put a towel or t-shirt on your seat

hippiesrock03

Go Kart Champion
*also due to the fact I'm young and haven't experienced the years when plaid was cool and iconic, I find the interlagos option to be SERIOUSLY hard to look at. One of, if not the, worst looking interiors of any car I've seen. But that is fully my opinion, I understand and respect that it's iconic and some people fall in love with it, to each their own! :thumbsup:

:eek:, WHAT? Haha, I loved the plaid. Just another plus to the interior for me. The cloth seats are more comfortable to me, I don't have a garage to park in, and I avoid parking under trees due to sap/acorns falling/bird shit/ etc. So my car is always in the sun, plus my exterior is already black.

I do love the leather feeling tho, just thought these nice plaid cloth seats were a nice change :)

hippiesrock03

Go Kart Champion
This. I cant believe it's not an option on more cars. They have heated seats in tons of cars now. Even econo-boxes. Why not more with cooled seats? I know it's a little more intensive on the engineering side, but they would sell like crazy in the south!

The phaeton had cooled seats...:thumbup:
thats the only VW i know with cooled seats standard

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
I think i am hearing Sour Grapes, park your car, I always do, to take advantage of the shade, use a front window shield shade, most have tintI have never had an issue and the look feel cloth, even as nice as the plaid is, it doesn't compare. A/c on cruise in total comfort.

Wouldn't buy anything other than leather, that is why it cost more.

Those of you with Swamp A**, probably are heavy sweaters anyway.

Sorry, but never have an issue, and in the winter i would always use the seat heater leather or cloth, total comfort.

Most of you are tinted anyway, if you have a sweating problem, Chill.:)

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
Most of you are tinted anyway, if you have a sweating problem, Chill.:)

:lol:

I actually rarely sweat, only while working out etc because we're all used to the AZ heat here! But I do get swampy if I don't have the A/C on cold enough in the summer

tribecagolf

Ready to race!
Cloth - Cooler in the summer and not as cold as leather in the winter. Easier to care for and cheaper to repair if needed.

Leather - Scratch and its ruined. Needs almost constant care if you let it dry out and the SUN loves to dry it out. Hot in the summer, cold in the winter.

Leather is over rated and way, way over priced. Had plenty of leather in the past. Never again if it can be avoided.

Well, good quality leather is hard to scratch. For four years I've had two monsters in the back in my other car (VOLVO XC90) with leather seats and no problems whatsoever. Spilled milk, juice, food, no problem, wipe off and looked as new. Spill coffee on your cloth seats and see what happens.

Well, good quality leather is hard to scratch. For four years I've had two monsters in the back in my other car (VOLVO XC90) with leather seats and no problems whatsoever. Spilled milk, juice, food, no problem, wipe off and looked as new. Spill coffee on your cloth seats and see what happens.

I had iced coffee one time and it probably dripped from the side or something and stained.... luckily vw had to change something on the seat so they got replaced... :happyanim: but yeah cloth seats, once they get dirty very hard to clean.

RickA1

Ready to race!
.... I find the interlagos option to be SERIOUSLY hard to look at. One of, if not the, worst looking interiors of any car I've seen.......

This. I can't understand what's the big deal about them. Of course to each its own.