GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Top speed stock gti 2.0?

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
122 tested.

Red2011GTI

Go Kart Champion
Computer limiter have been know not to work or be set at a higher number. My E55 was supposedly limited to 155 for the US but she did more. In Germany they had no limiters and the car would hit 185.

Last edited:

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
What I'd really like to know is what the theoretical top speed is. Meaning, how fast is it capable of going with the gearing it has. What speed will it be at in 6th gear and at fuel cutoff. I recently had stage 1 installed (ECU flash) and had it at 140mph before I came up on traffic. My car wasn't slowing down either.

nekkehd

Ready to race!
ive gotten mine to 140 fastest i got mine while still stock was 120

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Mine will probably never see anything above 85 haha. Unless I can get on a racetrack and exceed that.

Luvndubn6

Banned
Stage 2 i hit just over a buck 60 in 10 degree weather at sea level with slight downgrade. In all honesty a buck 20 feels faster than when you hit and go above a buck 40

techbiker

Passed Driver's Ed
On 93 octane I've gotten up to 125-130, but it was gaining speed REALLY slowly above 120, so I'd venture to say without considering the govenor you could hit only about 135ish with stock power.

Granted, I was going slightly uphill.

What I'd really like to know is what the theoretical top speed is.

My guess is right around 170mph. In 6th gear you seem to gain just under 25mph for every increase of 1,000rpm

Our rev limit (6,800rpm) * (25mph/1,000rpm) = 170 mph

Freudian

Mine is a Canadian model.

No mods/stock = 209 km/h = 130 mph (top speed)

APR ECU, APR Carbonio Stage 1 + 2 @ 91 OCT = 240 km/h = 149 mph.

^^ This modified run was uphill. It didn't top out; however, the hill leveled off, a large turn was starting and there was traffic up ahead. I felt it could have gone faster. 250 km/h and maybe 260 km/h. This is year two with my car and the tires are approaching the wear bars @ 30,000 km.

Next year with new tires, I'll see if I can push it further.

Can't do much with top speed in real life, so I mostly enjoy the quick acceleration.

ImAuthenticFTW

Go Kart Champion
I've had mine (using the digital gauge) up to 132. Are you sure its not 135?

Computer limiter have been know not to work or be set at a higher number. My E55 was supposedly limited to 155 for the US but she did more. In Germany they had no limiters and the car would hit 185.

122mph confirmed with digital readout on my 2011.

GPS confirmed? or off the speedo, gotta realize how inaccurate the cars speedo (analog and digital) are at the higher speeds