GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY hockey puck jack pad

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
i'm with FocalPoint on this one. the pinch welds take abuse. i don't use any sissy jack pad or anything. the cars been jacked up a million times no problem. just a waste of time/money/effort for "jack pads"

Uberryan

Banned
You guys have to stop talking about this. FocalPoint ended the thread, remember? You have to use a fucking brick from your neighbor's driveway.

this.

ehancock

Ready to race!
i lolled

BrShootr

Ready to race!
The OEM jack was designed to go around the weld and rest on the base, I'd say that's the safest option. Having said that, the weld holds the car together, so it's probably safe. I'd not rest on the weld just to spread the load over a larger area and prevent stress concentrations in a small surface.

BeauG

Ready to race!
I have a little 2-1/4 ton craftsman jack with a pad that's only maybe 2" in diameter. I've jacked the car up plenty of times using that bar metal little 2" pad straight on the pinchwelds with no denting, deforming, anything.

Uberryan

Banned
The OEM jack was designed to go around the weld and rest on the base, I'd say that's the safest option. Having said that, the weld holds the car together, so it's probably safe. I'd not rest on the weld just to spread the load over a larger area and prevent stress concentrations in a small surface.

The word "safe" should never be used in the same sentence as the stock jack from our cars. They're called the widow maker for a reason.

Yes you will die suddenly from using them.

No, I'm not kidding.

Scotty2Hotty

Go Kart Champion
The word "safe" should never be used in the same sentence as the stock jack from our cars. They're called the widow maker for a reason.

Yes you will die suddenly from using them.

No, I'm not kidding.

Agreed. Never use that POS. Use a fucking brick!

Scotty2Hotty

Go Kart Champion
Whoah!!! I never said to use that thing, I just said that's where it lifts the car from. In other words, that attachment method was part of the car's design so it is structurally safe.

I knew what you meant; I was just messin'. Read the thread from the beginning and you'll see what I mean.