GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My modest build

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
Finally got my APR K04 installed with the brilliant V3.1 software.

10489945_10102302608625745_6507662003742098236_n.jpg

Firstly a huge thanks to APR Europe who helped tremendously in working around my schedule. They were awesome. If you are in Deutschland, Austria, France, Switzerland I cannot stress enough to make a trip to see these folks in southern germany. They 100% believe in customer service. Really echos the same experience I had with APR in Opelika, AL

They picked me up at the bus station in Ochsenhausen DE in my car. The tech who did the install was driving and because I dont speak much Deutsch I just asked if there were any problems. He just said: "No no; no problems at all."

10288705_10102302607323355_1260669633497179769_n.jpg

Firstly, the car just sounded better... even at idle. When i finally got on it, i felt like a chicken; i wouldnt go WOT because it was just so sadistically fast for what I am use to. First and second gear are really quite controlled all things considered; third is still just a monster; and fourth... well it use to be that if i needed fourth to beat someone i was going to lose... not so much anymore.

The acceleration is so smooth and controlled and the around town driving is so calm you forget what is underneath you foot. Hit the throttle and it just come unglued.

Beautiful tune... Lots of fun.

Great work APR. More pics to come

jerrymk6

Ready to race!
Finally got my APR K04 installed with the brilliant V3.1 software.

View attachment 41580

Firstly a huge thanks to APR Europe who helped tremendously in working around my schedule. They were awesome. If you are in Deutschland, Austria, France, Switzerland I cannot stress enough to make a trip to see these folks in southern germany. They 100% believe in customer service. Really echos the same experience I had with APR in Opelika, AL

They picked me up at the bus station in Ochsenhausen DE in my car. The tech who did the install was driving and because I dont speak much Deutsch I just asked if there were any problems. He just said: "No no; no problems at all."

View attachment 41581

Firstly, the car just sounded better... even at idle. When i finally got on it, i felt like a chicken; i wouldnt go WOT because it was just so sadistically fast for what I am use to. First and second gear are really quite controlled all things considered; third is still just a monster; and fourth... well it use to be that if i needed fourth to beat someone i was going to lose... not so much anymore.

The acceleration is so smooth and controlled and the around town driving is so calm you forget what is underneath you foot. Hit the throttle and it just come unglued.

Beautiful tune... Lots of fun.

Great work APR. More pics to come

Tell me young padawan. Are u madly in love with the car now over compared to stock

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
Decided to perform some simple but important maintenance. We are suppose to change our fuel filters every 40k miles. Being that im coming up on 35k in the old girl i figure... why not?

Plus I was bored.

Easiest replacement there is... even more than an air filter. It is simply one Phillips screw and some thumb muscles to pull the clips...

Oh; and some gas in your face. You will get wet on this ride.

The old filter. When i shook the fuel out of it; no shit it looks like chocolate milk
20140729_180504.jpg

New filter tucked away and working like a charm
20140729_180510.jpg

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
After my buddy upgraded to the TTRS BBK for his MKVI i decided to buy his OEM + kit for my own golf.

-Drilled rotors all around
-SS lines up front
-Tyrolsport bushings
-Hawk HPS pads
-ATE DOT4 brake fluid

After install (on a very dirty car):

20140805_184321.jpg
20140805_184328.jpg

On a clean car:

20140808_094057.jpg

Impressions:
HUGE improvement over stock. I had put on some stoptech street pads back in the winter (which were basically oem level brake dust machines). After I went K04 brake power was definitely lacking.

The brakes engage early and there is zero mushing. You can step on them and the feel doesnt change. While not a BBK by any means it is an extremely beneficial upgrade. The petal feel is twice as good as stock. HPS pads produce some decent brake dust but not as bad as stoptech IMO. Fair sacrifice for the brake power which is also an improvement over stoptech.

Did alot of stop and go in 85 degree weather on and off the autobahn and it felt fantastic the whole way through. The slotted rotors will really help keep down the heat when i visit Nordeschleife soon :)

SKorea808

Ready to race!
After my buddy upgraded to the TTRS BBK for his MKVI i decided to buy his OEM + kit for my own golf.

-Drilled rotors all around
-SS lines up front
-Tyrolsport bushings
-Hawk HPS pads
-ATE DOT4 brake fluid

After install (on a very dirty car):

View attachment 42242
View attachment 42240

On a clean car:

View attachment 42241

Impressions:
HUGE improvement over stock. I had put on some stoptech street pads back in the winter (which were basically oem level brake dust machines). After I went K04 brake power was definitely lacking.

The brakes engage early and there is zero mushing. You can step on them and the feel doesnt change. While not a BBK by any means it is an extremely beneficial upgrade. The petal feel is twice as good as stock. HPS pads produce some decent brake dust but not as bad as stoptech IMO. Fair sacrifice for the brake power which is also an improvement over stoptech.

Did alot of stop and go in 85 degree weather on and off the autobahn and it felt fantastic the whole way through. The slotted rotors will really help keep down the heat when i visit Nordeschleife soon :)

:thumbsup:

Noob_2.0T

Go Kart Champion
Justin I want my ride height to be the same has him. It looks good and still have room to drive over stuff. also either one of you want to make some money? I would like to take the HRE's off and put my stock rims back on

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
Justin I want my ride height to be the same has him. It looks good and still have room to drive over stuff. also either one of you want to make some money? I would like to take the HRE's off and put my stock rims back on

you just need us to take wheels off and put old ones back on? i dont need money for that brudda

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
DG Spring went on today to replace my old Neuspeeds. Threw on some TTRS mounts and bearing too.

Easy review... DG Springs > Neuspeeds.

End of post

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
So today I installed my SPM V2 FMIC.

Not exactly an easy install...
20140917_151944.jpg

But five hours later (and a few hiccups) and it was done.

Impressions:

There have been previous writeups on this IC but id like to share my experiences. Firstly the manner in which it was delivered to me was an absolute joke. The IC was literally in the shipping box with four random sized foam pads bouncing around in no particularly order.
20140911_100800.jpg
The end tank from the hot side was exposed:
20140911_100605.jpg

I sent an email addressing these poor shipping conditions and have yet to receive a reply...

The install... well fitment is just what i expected having helped install SPM exhausts; that is to say its garbage. Going from my S3 intercooler (which literally is a perfect fit) to this made me question my purchase for sure. One screw on the AC condenser is sitting in my baggy in my car because it simply would not fit when all other screws are in. Bad mold? or just shoddy design?

This job was not pretty... but it got done. Even after speeding 45 extra minutes getting the cold outlet hose on the end tank. This big boy is a tight fit.

HOWEVER,

Performance I like... It spools a bit slower than the S3 but thats a good thing honestly. The wheel spin seems a bit more manageable for me. I still hold 27psi strong in 4th-6th gears (>3.5k rpm). The top of 5th gear was kinda iffy on the S3 whenever i made pulls. But it felt great today. I will attempt to log the IAT tomorrow.

If i could do it again i would still buy this piece since i got such a stellar deal on a new one. However If i am dropping 700 dollars plus I would go CTS or even save for an APR piece and be assured of fitment and integrity.