GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Deep's first car build!

deep.mit

Go Kart Champion
AutoX

Few glimpses from my first competitive AutoX:

Can't thank SCCA StartingLine enough for giving me the best start I could have imagined. I had gone into it thinking of it as a one-off. But, now I am really hooked to this thing called AutoX. It's so much fun throwing the car around and getting to tease its limits. All this, while doing little to no damage to the car's perishables. That's one of the reasons I like AutoX compared to a track-day. That said, Schatzi will definitely see the track very soon, but not regularly for sure.

Last edited:

deep.mit

Go Kart Champion
Maxton Side Spoiler

Finally got around to mounting these side-spoilers by Maxton. Fit isn't OEM perfect, but they look awesome! Schatzi doesn't mind some MK7 goodness ? Had to relocate the norcalvwdriversclub decal. I like the way it looks :)

This angle should give a better idea of how they look on the car. I love how they just blend in, as if they were always there on the car.

Tail shot:

Full side-shot:

Last edited:

deep.mit

Go Kart Champion
RCD 330plus

Have been hearing about the RCD-330plus from about the same time when I had installed my RNS-315. However, it only used to support Mirrorlink for Android. Not really a clean solution. Recently however they added Android Auto support and I couldn't resist it anymore :p

Make no mistake, I had been really happy with the RNS-315. It's a solid unit by itself. I still maintain it's quite a decent upgrade from the barebones RCD-310. But I have been simply blown away by Android Auto in my wife's Crosstrek since then! It really adds so much more to the idea of a car head-unit. What's best about this particular unit is that it gels so well with the car's stock interior. The touch response is miles better, every section is more feature-rich and who doesn't like a bigger screen ;) It's basically an RNS-510 with Android Auto and Apple Carplay support. Perfect oemplus mod. Highly recommended!

Another pic with lights on:

CHerna

Ready to race!
Awesome! I've got the RCD330 in my eBay cart lol.

May I ask what camera you are shooting with?

harrisondeal15

Passed Driver's Ed
I've been debating on whether or not to get those Maxton side wings myself. Thanks for posting these photos as I have not really seen any other Mk6's with them installed.

Your car is looking good man!

Tifore

Ready to race!
Clean stereo install.
My GTI has the base stereo, non touch screen. Ive always eyed the upgrades. The price is super reasonable on the RCD330plus. How hard was it to install and do you know off the top of your head if it is compatible plug and play replacement with the standard radio that is in the 2012 Gti base models?

deep.mit

Go Kart Champion
Clean stereo install.
My GTI has the base stereo, non touch screen. Ive always eyed the upgrades. The price is super reasonable on the RCD330plus. How hard was it to install and do you know off the top of your head if it is compatible plug and play replacement with the standard radio that is in the 2012 Gti base models?

Install is super-easy. You just need to take off the surrounding trim, connect all the plugs and put the unit back in. Just make sure you disconnect your battery before you do this.

Radio works just fine. Also, it doesn't need any radio code because they don't enforce it in China ;)