GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY: Auto Dimming Mirror Install with Homelink

Rosol

Passed Driver's Ed
Just wanted to say "thanks" to the Op. I wasn't to worried about the install because I used to install car stereos and LoJack for a living. All of his directions were spot on. I did have issues with the newer adaptor but after reading all the pages on here I got it figured out.

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Well I'm having issues with the latest version I bought. My old one fit fine with no issues. The one I have now is incredibly loose. Even if I take the adapter off and try to fit it into the mirror, there is no way that it will fit without wobble
The torx screw provided in the mirror is short and doesn't screw into or make contact with anything. WTF. Am I doing something wrong or overlooking something? Bracket was silver, but I painted it black

Vroomtt

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi All, New to this forum and starting off be resurrecting this popular thread. Big thanks to the OP for posting this. I picked up the mirror along with the newer adapter and am having the same issue as the last post. I'm able to get the adapter onto the windshield button fully seated, but the mirror itself seems very loose on the adapter. The screw that came on the base(no extra provided with mine) is very short and does not even make contact anywhere. Also, once the base is seated on the adapter, the screw does not sit over the hole(where the extra plate was originally needed), it actually sits much lower. The base screw(if it was longer) would touch the tightening screw on the adapter?

Hopefully this makes sense to everyone. I've contacted the company I bought it from(via amazon) directly and am waiting to hear back. I may call them today too.

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
I have the exact same issue. The updated bracket is mounted solid. However, the pointy torx screw in the mirror mount is very short and does make contact with anything.